Congress deleted or added names of voters: BJP
Itanagar: The BJP in Arunachal Pradesh has charged the ruling Congress government with adopting unfair means to add or delete the names of voters from the electoral rolls for the ensuing Panchayat and Municipal Elections slated to be held on May 16.
The party in a statement today said that the government in power was indulging in various means to compel the administration to add or delete the names of voters, which it said would invite serious law and order problem in the state capital.
"Even after announcement of elections, the final compiling of electoral rolls are still going on with mass transfers of voters to other municipal wards where the voters residence do not fall, is a conspiracy of deprivation of democratic rights of the families, which needs proper attention," the party said and threatened to launch democratic movement if the anomalies were not corrected immediately.
The party urged upon the Itanagar Municipality Electoral Registration authorities to stop the ongoing selective mass voters transfer from one municipality ward to another simply based on forged electricity bills which it said was gross violation of democratic norms and practices.
State BJP president Tai Tagak urged the state election commission to use face recognition software or Google Picasa to detect duplicity of voters while finalising electoral rolls.
Tagak also asked the election commission to ensure deployment of adequate para military forces during the Municipality Elections considering the prevailing law-and-order situation of the state capital and its nearby areas for ensuring free and fair elections.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- Smriti Irani visits Amethi, promises to pay insurance money to 25,000 women
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Zee Media Exclusive: The plight of yoga expert Tejaswi Sharma
- Woman denied flat in Mumbai for being a Muslim
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- BBV: What challenges lie ahead of Modi govt?
- DNA analysis of rising water crisis in India!
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced today
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- mahresult.nic.in updated with MSBSHSE Maharashtra HSC Class XII Result 2015
- First look: Salman Khan steals thunder in `Bajrangi Bhaijaan`
- CBSE 10th result to be declared tomorrow
- Check mahresult.nic.in for Maharashtra HSC Result 2015 to be announced at 1 pm on May 27
- Manmohan Singh defends himself on 2G charge, slams Modi govt for 'carbon copy' schemes
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi
- Reservation stir: Five percent job quota to Gujjars unlikely, hints Rajasthan govt