Conspiracy against Left govt: Tripura CM
Agartala: Chief Minister Manik Sarkar on Monday said conspiracies are being hatched to oust the country`s only Left Front government in Tripura in the 2013 assembly polls.
"Anti-Left forces like wild animals had plunged upon the then Left Front government in West Bengal. A larger such assault is being formulated against Tripura`s Left government," he said addressing a tribal employees convention here.
Sarkar, also a Communist Party of India-Marxist (CPI-M) politburo member, said some political forces kept alive terrorists to use them against the Left Front government in the 2013 assembly elections.
"A section of political forces is telling underground militants that they are coming to power in the next assembly polls and asking the extremists to work against the Left government. They are also trying to upset tribal and non-tribal integrity for political benefit," he said.
"Election is a larger political struggle, success and failure are part and parcel of this effort. Those people who are saying that Left parties have been finished are living in a fool`s paradise," the Marxist leader said.
Sarkar, who heads the country`s lone Left Front government, is also the only politician in the state who will complete a record 14 years as chief minister next March.
"We will foil any conspiracies to dislodge the Left government in Tripura in 2013. We have a strong, sturdy and solid base, both among tribals and non-tribals," Sarkar said.
Coming down upon the United Progressive Alliance (UPA) government, Sarkar said that with the weakened strength of the Left in parliament, the Congress-led government at the centre is now adopting anti-people policies and surrendering to imperialist forces.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath reviews Gomti riverfront work
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath warns supporters of criminals, mafia
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP