Conspiracy against Left govt: Tripura CM
Agartala: Chief Minister Manik Sarkar on Monday said conspiracies are being hatched to oust the country`s only Left Front government in Tripura in the 2013 assembly polls.
"Anti-Left forces like wild animals had plunged upon the then Left Front government in West Bengal. A larger such assault is being formulated against Tripura`s Left government," he said addressing a tribal employees convention here.
Sarkar, also a Communist Party of India-Marxist (CPI-M) politburo member, said some political forces kept alive terrorists to use them against the Left Front government in the 2013 assembly elections.
"A section of political forces is telling underground militants that they are coming to power in the next assembly polls and asking the extremists to work against the Left government. They are also trying to upset tribal and non-tribal integrity for political benefit," he said.
"Election is a larger political struggle, success and failure are part and parcel of this effort. Those people who are saying that Left parties have been finished are living in a fool`s paradise," the Marxist leader said.
Sarkar, who heads the country`s lone Left Front government, is also the only politician in the state who will complete a record 14 years as chief minister next March.
"We will foil any conspiracies to dislodge the Left government in Tripura in 2013. We have a strong, sturdy and solid base, both among tribals and non-tribals," Sarkar said.
Coming down upon the United Progressive Alliance (UPA) government, Sarkar said that with the weakened strength of the Left in parliament, the Congress-led government at the centre is now adopting anti-people policies and surrendering to imperialist forces.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state