Engg student bludgeoned to death in Arunachal
Itanagar: An 18-year-old boy bled to death after he was attacked several times with sharp edged weapon like dao at Legi Complex here, police said today.
The deceased has been identified as Bomjen Gapak, a first year Civil Engineering student of NGF College of Engineering & Technology, Palwal in Haryana, police said.
A group of about 12 unidentified assailants attacked six young boys, including the deceased, following an altercation in the car parking place of Legi Complex late last night.
It all started when two boys, deceased’s cousin brother and his friend, were attacked in Tadar Tang Road by two men, in a motorcycle, following an altercation.
Later the two men were joined in with 10 other men armed with daos who came in a car.
Terrified, the cousin brother called up the deceased who came with three other friends.
In the ensuing struggle, Bomjen was attacked by the armed men several times leading to his death.
While he died immediately after the attack, his cousin sustained injury in his left arm who is now recuperating at the hospital, sources said.
"We have rounded up some people who were found loitering around during that time.
We cannot say anything until we can gather some information from his cousin. We are looking at some CCTV footages from the area," said T Gusar, SDPO Capital.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Zee Media Exclusive: The plight of yoga expert Tejaswi Sharma
- Heat ave continues in India, death toll climbs to over 1,400
- Woman denied flat in Mumbai for being a Muslim
- Megastar Amitabh Bachchan slapped with Rs 1 crore notice
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads
- Kenyan lawyer offers to marry Barack Obama's daughter Malia
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads- Part II
- Maggi likely to face ban in India!
- Salman Khan accident files burnt in Mantralaya fire
- AIB: The 'Third Gender's right to dignity'
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced today
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- First look: Salman Khan steals thunder in `Bajrangi Bhaijaan`
- Check cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 10 Result 2015
- mahresult.nic.in updated with MSBSHSE Maharashtra HSC Class XII Result 2015
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- Manmohan Singh defends himself on 2G charge, slams Modi govt for 'carbon copy' schemes
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi
- Reservation stir: Five percent job quota to Gujjars unlikely, hints Rajasthan govt
- PMO website revamped, now send e-mail to PM Modi directly
- Death toll climbs to over 1400 as intense heatwave continues in India