Engg student bludgeoned to death in Arunachal
Itanagar: An 18-year-old boy bled to death after he was attacked several times with sharp edged weapon like dao at Legi Complex here, police said today.
The deceased has been identified as Bomjen Gapak, a first year Civil Engineering student of NGF College of Engineering & Technology, Palwal in Haryana, police said.
A group of about 12 unidentified assailants attacked six young boys, including the deceased, following an altercation in the car parking place of Legi Complex late last night.
It all started when two boys, deceased’s cousin brother and his friend, were attacked in Tadar Tang Road by two men, in a motorcycle, following an altercation.
Later the two men were joined in with 10 other men armed with daos who came in a car.
Terrified, the cousin brother called up the deceased who came with three other friends.
In the ensuing struggle, Bomjen was attacked by the armed men several times leading to his death.
While he died immediately after the attack, his cousin sustained injury in his left arm who is now recuperating at the hospital, sources said.
"We have rounded up some people who were found loitering around during that time.
We cannot say anything until we can gather some information from his cousin. We are looking at some CCTV footages from the area," said T Gusar, SDPO Capital.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan - Part II
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- Kapil Sharma renews contract, his latest fee will make your jaw drop!
- RIP Amma: When Jayalalithaa sang one of her favourite songs, that too in Hindi - WATCH