Four militants arrested from Indo-Myanmar border
Imphal: Four militants of banned People`s Revolutionary Party of Kangleipak-Progressive (PREPAK-P) have been arrested by para-military forces from Indo-Myanmar border area in Manipur`s Churachandpur district, police said on Monday.
Following reports that some militants were attempting to enter Manipur from across the border, Assam Rifles personnel of 27th battalion stepped up vigil at places around border pillar 39 under Singhat sub-division of the district yesterday, they said.
The four PREPAK-P militants were arrested during a search operation, they said.
The militants were identified as Henry Meitei, Peter Singh, Naoton and Ibungo Singh.
Weapons including one AK 47, nine rounds of ammunition, one pistol, three Chinese-made hand grenades and other explosive materials were recovered from their possession.
The four have been handed over to Imphal west district police station for further interrogation, they said.
The militants were planning to plant bombs and other explosive materials at many places to attack security personnel, police added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive: Chat with 'Jazbaa' stars Aishwarya Rai and Irrfan Khan!
- Delhi government to add environment tax in electricity bill
- AAP govt suggests four-fold hike in MLAs salaries
- DNA: Indian Army's 'Phantom Guns’ to defend border with Pakistan
- Shaheed Express train's freight coach catches fire on Ludhiana railway station
- India vs South Africa 2015: 3rd T20I - Preview
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Indrani Mukerjea back in jail; claims did not take pills, was upset because of mother's death
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka
- Asaduddin Owaisi's brother Akbaruddin in trouble over poll speech, arrest warrant issued