Four Tripura tourists killed in Mathura road accident
Lucknow: Four Tripura women were killed and 17 others were injured when a speeding truck ploughed into a tourist bus carrying them in Mathura in Uttar Pradesh on Monday, police said.
The accident took place on the Delhi-Agra national highway in Kosi area, where the truck collided head-on with the private bus carrying the tourists from northeast.
"The tourists were on their way to Agra. While four women died on the spot, 17 tourists received injuries in the accident," police inspector Arun Kumar told reporters in Mathura, around 350 km from here.
"The injured are in hospital. The condition of four tourists is critical," he added.
According to police, the tourists were on their way to the Taj Mahal in Agra after visiting religious places in Mathura.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Give up terrorism and let’s talk', Sushma Swaraj's reply to Nawaz Sharif at UNGA
- Lalu Yadav attacks PM Modi over Mahatma Gandhi's assassination
- Whole world is worried about global warming and climate change, says PM Modi
- Bihar will celebrate two Diwalis in 2015, one will be after poll results: Modi
- Is Mahatma Gandhi's name slowly fading away from the minds of the youth?
- Mahatma Gandhi: Know six things you didn't know about him
- World can now see consequences of Pakistan occupation in PoK: India
- Watch: Unbelievable! Kapil Sharma thrown out of Aishwarya Rai’s vanity van
- 1st T20: India vs South Africa – Players to watch out for
- ISL 2015: Chennaiyin FC vs Atletico de Kolkata - Preview