Four Tripura tourists killed in Mathura road accident
Lucknow: Four Tripura women were killed and 17 others were injured when a speeding truck ploughed into a tourist bus carrying them in Mathura in Uttar Pradesh on Monday, police said.
The accident took place on the Delhi-Agra national highway in Kosi area, where the truck collided head-on with the private bus carrying the tourists from northeast.
"The tourists were on their way to Agra. While four women died on the spot, 17 tourists received injuries in the accident," police inspector Arun Kumar told reporters in Mathura, around 350 km from here.
"The injured are in hospital. The condition of four tourists is critical," he added.
According to police, the tourists were on their way to the Taj Mahal in Agra after visiting religious places in Mathura.
- Justice for Jisha: Will India unite for Kerala's Nirbhaya?
- Dwayne Johnson aka The Rock wished 'Happy Birthday' by THESE Bollywood hotties!
- Three new species of mouse lemurs discovered in Madagascar
- TMC questions Roy's banishment, walks out of Rajya Sabha
- Bring back Kohinoor, gift it to Jagannath Temple: BJD MP