Four Tripura tourists killed in Mathura road accident
Lucknow: Four Tripura women were killed and 17 others were injured when a speeding truck ploughed into a tourist bus carrying them in Mathura in Uttar Pradesh on Monday, police said.
The accident took place on the Delhi-Agra national highway in Kosi area, where the truck collided head-on with the private bus carrying the tourists from northeast.
"The tourists were on their way to Agra. While four women died on the spot, 17 tourists received injuries in the accident," police inspector Arun Kumar told reporters in Mathura, around 350 km from here.
"The injured are in hospital. The condition of four tourists is critical," he added.
According to police, the tourists were on their way to the Taj Mahal in Agra after visiting religious places in Mathura.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi