Gauhati HC adjourns hearing in journalist murder case
Guwahati: The Gauhati High Court today
adjourned the hearing in journalist Parag Das murder case till
A division bench of the Court comprising Justices
Ranjan Gogoi and B P Katakey posted the case to be listed for
hearing on September 15.
The hearing will be on two criminal revision petitions
filed by former Gauhati University vice-chancellor Dr D P
Barooah and the journalist`s brother Pallab Das.
Criminal revision petition number 377/09 was
registered as suo moto on an application filed by Dr Barooah.
The other review petition No. 386/09 of Pallab Das is against
the judgement passed by the Sessions Judge, Kamrup in the
Parag Das was shot dead on May 17, 1996, near the
Jatiya Vidyalay in Chandmari area of Guwahati as he was
picking up his minor son from the school.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over India losing NSG membership bid
- Panel discussion over India losing NSG membership bid Part II
- Panel discussion over India losing NSG membership bid Part III
- Panel discussion over India losing NSG membership bid Part IV
- Chennai: Woman Infosys employee stabbed to death at railway station
- Watch: Arjun Kapoor makes his voice-over debut as 'Buck' in Hindi trailer of 'Ice Age Collision Course'!
- Govt, RBI seek to soothe wracked investor nerves after Brexit
- Chicago University welcomes Raghuram Rajan back to academics
- No kids for John Abraham for now
- Throwback pic! Virat Kohli showcases rockstar avatar, raps in AR Rahman's Chennai studio