Gauhati HC adjourns hearing in journalist murder case
Guwahati: The Gauhati High Court today
adjourned the hearing in journalist Parag Das murder case till
A division bench of the Court comprising Justices
Ranjan Gogoi and B P Katakey posted the case to be listed for
hearing on September 15.
The hearing will be on two criminal revision petitions
filed by former Gauhati University vice-chancellor Dr D P
Barooah and the journalist`s brother Pallab Das.
Criminal revision petition number 377/09 was
registered as suo moto on an application filed by Dr Barooah.
The other review petition No. 386/09 of Pallab Das is against
the judgement passed by the Sessions Judge, Kamrup in the
Parag Das was shot dead on May 17, 1996, near the
Jatiya Vidyalay in Chandmari area of Guwahati as he was
picking up his minor son from the school.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Farmers' woes: Why are farmers forced to sell onions at lower prices?
- Onion farmers' woes: Why are farmers forced to sell onions at lower prices? - Part II
- Onion farmers' woes: Why are farmers forced to sell onions at lower prices? - Part III
- Clash between two football players leaves one dead
- Is the bread you are buying increasing your risk of cancer?
- Virat Kohli has been advised rest by Team India physiotherapist after IPL 2016: Sandeep Patil
- We are looking at future of Indian cricket: Sandeep Patil on Yuvraj, Harbhajan's axing
- If you survive in Mumbai cricket, you get rewarded: Shardul Thakur on maiden Test call-up
- Shah Rukh Khan remembers his school days, wonders how time has changed! Details inside
- Rio Olympics: Sachin Tendulkar meets wrestlers ahead of quadrennial event, boosts morale