Gauhati HC rejects Apang bail petition
Itanagar: The Itanagar bench of Gauhati
High Court on Thursday rejected the bail petition of former
Arunachal Pradesh Chief Minister Gegong Apang in the
multi-crore PDS scam case.
This is for the fifth time the High Court rejected
Apang`s bail plea while the same was rejected four times by
the special session court in Assam`s Lakhimpur district.
Justice H N Sharma rejected the bail plea on the ground
that more incriminating evidences were found against Apang in
the scam, Special Investigating Cell (SIC) head M S Chauhan
The judge, however, said that Apang could move his bail
plea in a larger bench of the court.
The session court on September 27 last rejected Apang`s
bail petition and remanded him to judicial custody till
Apang was arrested on August 24 by the SIC for his
alleged involvement in the scam. He was first remanded to
police custody for 14 days and later to judicial custody.
Apang is presently lodged in the Rama Krishna Mission
Hospital in Itanagar with complaints of hyper tension and
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai
- People storm to watch Salman Khan's 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' in Pakistan, leave hall teary-eyed