Governors of Arunachal Pradesh, Assam meet
Itanagar: Arunachal Pradesh Governor Gen (Retd) JJ Singh on Friday met his Assam counterpart JB Patnaik at Guwahati on various issues pertaining to the neighbouring states.
During the meeting, they discussed the promotion of social, cultural and economic bond among the people, a Raj Bhawan communique said.
Among other issues, the flood situation in both Arunachal Pradesh and Assam, inter-state boundary problem, matters relating to hideouts of unlawful elements in forest areas along their boundary and the recent communal violence in Assam were also considered.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city