Grenade blast at district official`s residence, no casualty
Imphal: Suspected militants exploded two powerful grenades at the residences of an official in Imphal East district in Manipur last night, days after trying to kidnap the woman.
Police sources said the attackers hurled the grenades at the house of P Bimola, who holds the post of `adhyaksa` of the district at Achanbigei Mayai Leikai, at around 8:30 pm but
no one was injured though the grenades went off.
Bimola and her family members were present at the time of the incident.
The motive behind last night`s incident was not yet known but monetary demand from her could be one of the reasons.
In another incident last evening, suspected militants hurled a grenade at the member of Kairang Gram Panchayat member N Chandra at his residence at Kairang village in Imphal East district but the grenade failed to explode, sources said.
A few weeks ago, suspected militants attempted to kidnap Bimola from her residence but her husband got injured as the militants fired when he resisted the abduct attempt.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal