Grenade blast at district official`s residence, no casualty
Imphal: Suspected militants exploded two powerful grenades at the residences of an official in Imphal East district in Manipur last night, days after trying to kidnap the woman.
Police sources said the attackers hurled the grenades at the house of P Bimola, who holds the post of `adhyaksa` of the district at Achanbigei Mayai Leikai, at around 8:30 pm but
no one was injured though the grenades went off.
Bimola and her family members were present at the time of the incident.
The motive behind last night`s incident was not yet known but monetary demand from her could be one of the reasons.
In another incident last evening, suspected militants hurled a grenade at the member of Kairang Gram Panchayat member N Chandra at his residence at Kairang village in Imphal East district but the grenade failed to explode, sources said.
A few weeks ago, suspected militants attempted to kidnap Bimola from her residence but her husband got injured as the militants fired when he resisted the abduct attempt.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Heart-wrenching reality of Kashmiri pandits
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- Rahul Gandhi's embarrassment in front of Bengaluru college students
- DNA: Aamir Khan clarifies his love towards nation but sticks to previous statement
- Yuvraj Singh completes 8000 runs in first class cricket
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Delhi gang-rape: Show juvenile rapist's face to the world, demand Nirbhaya's parents