IED defused, train disaster averted in Assam
Guwahati: A major tragedy was averted
Friday when 4 kg of explosive and detonators were recovered by
police from the Kanchenjunga Express during routine search
after its arrival at the railway station here.
Police found the explosive, detonators and a device,
which were concealed in an air bag, from seat no. 22 of S5
coach during routine search of the Kolkata-Guwahati express at
the Guwahati Railway Station, sources said.
They said after the bomb was found, all 1100
passengers inside the train were deboarded. "The train was
checked thoroughly," the sources said.
Police said they recovered 4 kg explosive, 4
detonators and a time device from the bag at around 5.20 AM
after the train arrived.
"The programmable time device was found during routine
check by police personnel. Every train which arrives at the
Guwahati station is checked," the sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Soldier buried under Siachen avalanche snow rescued after six days
- DNA: Analysis on India's naval prowess at International Fleet Review
- Essel Group launches 'Asha 2022' affordable housing scheme
- Soldier buried under avalanche found alive at Siachen glacier
- PM Modi praises Ekal Vidyalaya Foundation, deems mission successful
- 'Achhe din': Residents of PM Modi's adopted village to get free electricity, work in full swing
- Siachen survivor Lance Naik Hanumanthappa brought to Delhi, Army chief Dabir Singh visits RR hospital
- Deepika Padukone, Vin Diesel in first ‘xXx: The Return of Xander Cage’ video – Watch
- How Lance Naik Hanumanthappa survived 6 days below 25 feet of snow in Siachen
- Siachen miracle: Lance Naik Koppad's wife terms her husband's 'news of being alive' as 'rebirth for family'