IED defused, train disaster averted in Assam
Guwahati: A major tragedy was averted
Friday when 4 kg of explosive and detonators were recovered by
police from the Kanchenjunga Express during routine search
after its arrival at the railway station here.
Police found the explosive, detonators and a device,
which were concealed in an air bag, from seat no. 22 of S5
coach during routine search of the Kolkata-Guwahati express at
the Guwahati Railway Station, sources said.
They said after the bomb was found, all 1100
passengers inside the train were deboarded. "The train was
checked thoroughly," the sources said.
Police said they recovered 4 kg explosive, 4
detonators and a time device from the bag at around 5.20 AM
after the train arrived.
"The programmable time device was found during routine
check by police personnel. Every train which arrives at the
Guwahati station is checked," the sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Cashless transactions increased rapidly following note ban
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- PM Narendra Modi ropes in Nandan Nilekani to boost process of digital payments post demonetisation
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145