IED recovered during search operation
Goalpara: An improvised explosive devise (IED)
and implements for making guns were recovered during search
operations from lower Assam`s Goalpara district, police said.
A joint police and CRPF team led by district additional
superintendent of police P K Brahma last night recovered the
1.5 kg bomb from near the house of one Pulen Rabha at
Dhekiabari under Krishnai police station.
Implements for making country guns were also recovered
during the search operation, Brahma said today.
Rabha was was picked up and his interrogation was on,
Meanwhile, at Makri on National Highway 37, army personnel
from the 36 Regiment during a search operation apprehended
Kapil Das, militant of Rava Viper Army (RVA), a local ethnic
insurgent outfit from a dhaba (roadside eatery) last night,
The militant was handed over to police for further action,
the sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over SP leader Azam Khan's controversial remark on Muslim population
- Former CM Panneerselvam demands secret voting in Tamil Nadu Assembly
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- Exclusive: In conversation with Rajnath Singh, Union Home Minister
- DMK, Congress will vote against government formation in Tamil Nadu
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowance Committee likely to submit report on 20 February
- Pakistan Senate passes Hindu Marriage Bill
- This video of Brett Lee's 143m six is taking internet by storm – Watch Video
- India can meet its energy requirements from Moon by 2030, says ISRO