IED recovered during search operation
Goalpara: An improvised explosive devise (IED)
and implements for making guns were recovered during search
operations from lower Assam`s Goalpara district, police said.
A joint police and CRPF team led by district additional
superintendent of police P K Brahma last night recovered the
1.5 kg bomb from near the house of one Pulen Rabha at
Dhekiabari under Krishnai police station.
Implements for making country guns were also recovered
during the search operation, Brahma said today.
Rabha was was picked up and his interrogation was on,
Meanwhile, at Makri on National Highway 37, army personnel
from the 36 Regiment during a search operation apprehended
Kapil Das, militant of Rava Viper Army (RVA), a local ethnic
insurgent outfit from a dhaba (roadside eatery) last night,
The militant was handed over to police for further action,
the sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Delhi HC backs LG, turns down plea challenging Jung's authority
- WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 declared on wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in
- No radioactive leak at IGI airport, say AERB and Delhi govt
- WBCHSE (wbchse.nic.in & wbresults.nic.in): West Bengal Class 12th Result to be declared on May 29