IED recovered during search operation
Goalpara: An improvised explosive devise (IED)
and implements for making guns were recovered during search
operations from lower Assam`s Goalpara district, police said.
A joint police and CRPF team led by district additional
superintendent of police P K Brahma last night recovered the
1.5 kg bomb from near the house of one Pulen Rabha at
Dhekiabari under Krishnai police station.
Implements for making country guns were also recovered
during the search operation, Brahma said today.
Rabha was was picked up and his interrogation was on,
Meanwhile, at Makri on National Highway 37, army personnel
from the 36 Regiment during a search operation apprehended
Kapil Das, militant of Rava Viper Army (RVA), a local ethnic
insurgent outfit from a dhaba (roadside eatery) last night,
The militant was handed over to police for further action,
the sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly