Kidnapped businessmen rescued
Itanagar: In a joint operation, security forces have rescued two businessmen, who were kidnapped from Lekang village in Lohit district of Arunachal Pradesh recently.
The businessmen, Pradip Mohr, a resident of Duliajan in Assam and Chandrapal Sharma of Bordumsha, who were kidnapped on December 2, were rescued from Namsai on Monday last, the police said today.
A joint team of Army and state police had launched search operations at Namsai, Innau and Mahadevpur for more than 15 days which led to the apprehension of a linkman.
During interrogation, the linkman revealed the presence of hostages at a specific place in Manabam Reserve forest.
The two kidnappers identified as Lambu Chakma and Pokhanto Khem, both cadre of UPDF (United Peoples? Democratic Front), fled inside the dense forest in the cover of darkness, the police said.
The hostages were later handed over to Namsai police,
The police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’