Man injured in grenade explosion at private house of MLA
Imphal: A man was injured when militants hurled a grenade at a private house of Naga People`s Front MLA Samuel Risom at Deulalane area on the outskirts of the city in Imphal West district of Manipur, police said on Thursday.
The grenade lobbed at the house at around 8 PM last night damaged some window panes and some walls, besides injuring Ram Kumar Rai, they said.
No individual or group has claimed responsibility for the crime, sources said adding that Rai, a worker at the house, was rushed to a nearby hospital.
Risom and his family members were not present at the house because they are staying at government quarters at the VIP area at Babupara.
Senior police officials conducted search operation last night but no arrest has been made so far.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you