Man injured in grenade explosion at private house of MLA
Imphal: A man was injured when militants hurled a grenade at a private house of Naga People`s Front MLA Samuel Risom at Deulalane area on the outskirts of the city in Imphal West district of Manipur, police said on Thursday.
The grenade lobbed at the house at around 8 PM last night damaged some window panes and some walls, besides injuring Ram Kumar Rai, they said.
No individual or group has claimed responsibility for the crime, sources said adding that Rai, a worker at the house, was rushed to a nearby hospital.
Risom and his family members were not present at the house because they are staying at government quarters at the VIP area at Babupara.
Senior police officials conducted search operation last night but no arrest has been made so far.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Shahid Kapoor-Mira Rajput wedding: Check out their first picture as a couple!
- Vyapam scam: After over 45 deaths, can Shivraj Singh Chouhan resist CBI probe?
- Vyapam scam: Congress accuses MP CM of 'misleading' people, demands his resignation
- Wimbledon 2015: Sania Mirza, Rohan Bopanna through to quarters, Paes' campaign ends