Man injured in grenade explosion at private house of MLA
Imphal: A man was injured when militants hurled a grenade at a private house of Naga People`s Front MLA Samuel Risom at Deulalane area on the outskirts of the city in Imphal West district of Manipur, police said on Thursday.
The grenade lobbed at the house at around 8 PM last night damaged some window panes and some walls, besides injuring Ram Kumar Rai, they said.
No individual or group has claimed responsibility for the crime, sources said adding that Rai, a worker at the house, was rushed to a nearby hospital.
Risom and his family members were not present at the house because they are staying at government quarters at the VIP area at Babupara.
Senior police officials conducted search operation last night but no arrest has been made so far.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bihar Class 10th Result 2016, BSEB 10th Result 2016: Bihar Board Matric Class 10 Results 2016 to be declared at 3 pm today
- Whoa! Shah Rukh Khan catches a plane back from work to beat the traffic! – See pic
- Music director Anu Malik hospitalized!
- Rescued migrants say ship sank off Italy with hundreds aboard
- China all set to embark on 1st quantum communication satellite