Man injured in grenade explosion at private house of MLA
Imphal: A man was injured when militants hurled a grenade at a private house of Naga People`s Front MLA Samuel Risom at Deulalane area on the outskirts of the city in Imphal West district of Manipur, police said on Thursday.
The grenade lobbed at the house at around 8 PM last night damaged some window panes and some walls, besides injuring Ram Kumar Rai, they said.
No individual or group has claimed responsibility for the crime, sources said adding that Rai, a worker at the house, was rushed to a nearby hospital.
Risom and his family members were not present at the house because they are staying at government quarters at the VIP area at Babupara.
Senior police officials conducted search operation last night but no arrest has been made so far.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row
- JNU students call terrorist Afzal Guru a martyr amid anti-nationalist slogans
- DNA: Siachen survivor Hanumanthappa fights for life as India prays for him
- DNA: JNU students clash over Afzal Guru row
- DNA: Know about world's highest battlefield Siachen
- Drunk girl creates ruckus in Delhi's Connaught Place; arrested - Watch
- JNU erupts over 'Shaheed Afzal Guru', 'Azad Kashmir'; rival student groups clash, police deployed
- AAP poster showing Arvind Kejriwal with Bhindranwale sparks row in Punjab
- Video of Hanumanthappa's rescue that went viral on social media is fake - Watch
- Paid sex: Good or bad? This girl was too eager to find out - Watch what happened!