Manipur: Militants attack official`s residence
Imphal: Unidentified militants exploded a powerful bomb at the private house of a Manipur government official, official sources said on Sunday.
The militants lobbed the bomb at the house of the executive engineer of planning and development authority (PDA), Loitongbam Keisho, at Kwakeithel Konjeng Leikai area near Imphal airport in Imphal West district late last night but no one was injured in the explosion.
The official and his family members were present at the time of the explosion, sources said adding that nearby police station have registered a case for investigation in this regard.
The All Jiribam Meira Paibee (AJMP) in a general public meeting yesterday appealed militants to stop extortion.
An extortion demand was made to the United Bank of India (UBI) branch at Jiribam, about 222 km from here, by militant outfit URG (United Revolutionary Front), a spokesperson of the AJMP said adding that the branch has closed since September 19 due to the threat.
He said the closure of the bank has caused inconvenience to the people in the sub-division as it was not only the bank in the sub-division but also the only bank from where people also drew widow`s pension and old-age pension.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Pakistan behind increasing train accidents in India?
- DNA: Beaten by mob in Kolkata, US NRI vows never to return in India
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- DNA: Has bad time started for American 'media' after Donald Trump became US President?
- WATCH: Epic Staredown between Goldberg, The Undertaker and Brock Lesnar at WWE Raw
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Jaya and Amitabh Bachchan living separately: Amar Singh makes shocking revelations