Manipur: Militants attack official`s residence
Imphal: Unidentified militants exploded a powerful bomb at the private house of a Manipur government official, official sources said on Sunday.
The militants lobbed the bomb at the house of the executive engineer of planning and development authority (PDA), Loitongbam Keisho, at Kwakeithel Konjeng Leikai area near Imphal airport in Imphal West district late last night but no one was injured in the explosion.
The official and his family members were present at the time of the explosion, sources said adding that nearby police station have registered a case for investigation in this regard.
The All Jiribam Meira Paibee (AJMP) in a general public meeting yesterday appealed militants to stop extortion.
An extortion demand was made to the United Bank of India (UBI) branch at Jiribam, about 222 km from here, by militant outfit URG (United Revolutionary Front), a spokesperson of the AJMP said adding that the branch has closed since September 19 due to the threat.
He said the closure of the bank has caused inconvenience to the people in the sub-division as it was not only the bank in the sub-division but also the only bank from where people also drew widow`s pension and old-age pension.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Rahul Gandhi's and Congress' Twitter accounts hacked: Who's behind it?
- Rahul Gandhi's Twitter handle hacked again
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 4.7 crore cash in Rs 2000 notes! Biggest seizure in new currency post demonetisation - What I-T recovered from Bengaluru, Chennai and Erode
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'