Manipur militants plant powerful bomb in front of pvt factory
Imphal: Some militants planted a powerful bomb in front of a private industry in Imphal West district of Manipur, police said on Monday.
The bomb was planted near the gate of Modern Auto and Steel Industries (MASI) at Sagolband Tera area yesterday.
The bomb was later defused by the bomb experts, sources said.
A MASI spokesman said militant outfit Kangleipak Communist Party-Militants Council (KCP-MC), Lanheiba faction, had earlier demanded Rs.30 lakh from the factory owners and appealed to the militants not to make such demands.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- Valour of a soldier: CRPF officer Satwant Singh fights Naxals till his last breath
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city