Meghalaya: Security beefed up after quit notice to non-tribals
Shillong: Security has been strengthened
in Meghalaya’s Jaintia Hills district after some organizations
issued a quit notice to non-tribals.
The administration has decided on patrols by the
police and village defence party in sensitive areas and
deploy an additional platoon at Lad Rybai, official sources
"Volunteers authorized by the administration to carry
out patrols and can handover any law-breaker to the law
enforcement agencies in accordance with the provision of law,?
the sources said.
The administration held a review meeting yesterday to
discuss the safety and security of non-tribals residing in and
around the Lad Rymbai area following the quit notice issued by
The meeting also urged the organizations to withdraw
the quit notice served to the non-tribals.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- BSF cancels beating the retreat ceremony at Wagah post surgical strikes
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof