Meghalaya: Two held on extortion charge
Shillong: Two persons were arrested on the
charge of extorting a coal trader in the name of militants in
the state`s East Garo Hills district, the police said on Tuesday.
Parimal Rabha and Kamaleshwar Rabha were trapped by a
police team at Darakkona when they had come to collect money
from coal trader Lawin G Marak yesterday.
They had demanded Rs 5 lakh from the trader in the
name of Garo National Liberation Army.
One of their accomplices, Boluram Rabha, was
The arrested two are residents of Goalpara district of
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India mourns Lance Naik Hanumanthappa Koppad's death: Who said what
- ISI trains JeM, LeT terrorists: Former Pak president Pervez Musharraf
- Came to Mumbai from Pakistan to select 26/11 attack sites, David Headley tells Mumbai court
- 'Afzal Guru amar rahe', 'Kashmir lekar rahenge' slogans raised at Press Club of India
- Virat Kohli: Amid break-up rumors, cricketer spends time with most beautiful woman