Meghalaya: Two held on extortion charge
Shillong: Two persons were arrested on the
charge of extorting a coal trader in the name of militants in
the state`s East Garo Hills district, the police said on Tuesday.
Parimal Rabha and Kamaleshwar Rabha were trapped by a
police team at Darakkona when they had come to collect money
from coal trader Lawin G Marak yesterday.
They had demanded Rs 5 lakh from the trader in the
name of Garo National Liberation Army.
One of their accomplices, Boluram Rabha, was
The arrested two are residents of Goalpara district of
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- RJD strongman Shahabuddin brought to Delhi
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating on 'record' Puma deal
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal