Meghalaya: Two held on extortion charge
Shillong: Two persons were arrested on the
charge of extorting a coal trader in the name of militants in
the state`s East Garo Hills district, the police said on Tuesday.
Parimal Rabha and Kamaleshwar Rabha were trapped by a
police team at Darakkona when they had come to collect money
from coal trader Lawin G Marak yesterday.
They had demanded Rs 5 lakh from the trader in the
name of Garo National Liberation Army.
One of their accomplices, Boluram Rabha, was
The arrested two are residents of Goalpara district of
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India
- Vladimir Putin rages as Turkey shoots down Russian plane
- I was shivering while interviewing Nirbhaya's friend, says Ramnath Goenka awardee Sudhir Chaudhary
- If India was intolerant, then Kiran Rao wouldn't have married Aamir Khan: Baba Ramdev
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan