Meghalaya: Two held on extortion charge
Shillong: Two persons were arrested on the
charge of extorting a coal trader in the name of militants in
the state`s East Garo Hills district, the police said on Tuesday.
Parimal Rabha and Kamaleshwar Rabha were trapped by a
police team at Darakkona when they had come to collect money
from coal trader Lawin G Marak yesterday.
They had demanded Rs 5 lakh from the trader in the
name of Garo National Liberation Army.
One of their accomplices, Boluram Rabha, was
The arrested two are residents of Goalpara district of
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of public pulse through survey by Zee News on Bihar elections
- Hotels selling beef should be demolished: Azam Khan
- DNA: End of ISIS? Vladimir Putin to send 1,50,000 soldiers to Syria
- Russia surprises America with accord on battling ISIS
- Panel discussion on Muslim vote bank in Bihar elections
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- Hindu girl embraces Islam to marry Shahi Imam Bukhari's son?
- Pakistan take note! Indian military 5th deadliest in the world
- Lalu Prasad Yadav debuts on Dubsmash, mocks PM Narendra Modi – Watch video
- India vs South Africa: How cricket fraternity reacted to crowd's disgraceful behaviour at Cuttack