Meghalaya: Two held on extortion charge
Shillong: Two persons were arrested on the
charge of extorting a coal trader in the name of militants in
the state`s East Garo Hills district, the police said on Tuesday.
Parimal Rabha and Kamaleshwar Rabha were trapped by a
police team at Darakkona when they had come to collect money
from coal trader Lawin G Marak yesterday.
They had demanded Rs 5 lakh from the trader in the
name of Garo National Liberation Army.
One of their accomplices, Boluram Rabha, was
The arrested two are residents of Goalpara district of
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- Manjula Vaghela's journey: From rag picker to head of a firm with Rs 1 cr turnover!
- Indian Army faces shortage of field firing ranges in J&K
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know
- See pic: Genelia marks son's birthday!