Militants attack Manipur official`s residence
Imphal: A powerful grenade was hurled by suspected militants near the residence of a government official at Sagolband area in Imphal West district, but no casualty was reported, police said on Saturday.
The attackers exploded the grenade near the house of Deputy Director of Manipur Tribal Welfare Department, Arambam Binodini at around 8 PM last night.
Binodini`s husband Arambam Biren Kishore was former General Manager of the District Industrial Centre.
Monetary demand by militants from the couple could be the reason for the attack, police said.
Superintendent of Police AK Jhaljit along with police forces searched the area but no arrest could be made so far.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Salman's controversial tweet on Yakub Memon a 'contempt of court'?
- Know the significance of Devshayani Ekadashi
- Lalu Prasad Yadav calls PM Modi ''Kans'', BJP ''Bharat Jalao Party''
- What's the motive behind politicising Yakub Memon's death penalty?
- Punjab: Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Gurdaspur
- Watch: Yuvraj Singh takes up Shoaib Malik's challenge, puts on his dancing shoes
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Punjab's Gurdaspur; 3 killed