Militants attack Manipur official`s residence
Imphal: A powerful grenade was hurled by suspected militants near the residence of a government official at Sagolband area in Imphal West district, but no casualty was reported, police said on Saturday.
The attackers exploded the grenade near the house of Deputy Director of Manipur Tribal Welfare Department, Arambam Binodini at around 8 PM last night.
Binodini`s husband Arambam Biren Kishore was former General Manager of the District Industrial Centre.
Monetary demand by militants from the couple could be the reason for the attack, police said.
Superintendent of Police AK Jhaljit along with police forces searched the area but no arrest could be made so far.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Valour of a soldier: CRPF officer Satwant Singh fights Naxals till his last breath
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city