Missing woman doctor`s body found
Imphal: The body of a young woman doctor was found at an interior place of Manipur`s Imphal East district today, two days after she went missing.
The body of 31-year-old doctor, who was a junior surgeon in the pathology department of Regional Institute of Medical Science and Hospital, was found 18 km away at interior rural Khongman Basikhong under Irilbung police station of Imphal district, police said.
Her body bore strangulation marks, they said.
She had gone missing since April 3 afternoon and her family had lodged a complaint at Irilbung police station this morning. Her body was found at around 2.30 pm.
Family sources said the complaint was not filed on April 3 as it thought that she might have left with a lover as per Manipuri custom. But since no one came forward on the next day, they lodged the complaint.
No individual or group has claimed responsibility for her killing, official sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: 8-year-old boy dies after falling into pothole
- Woman commits suicide in UP after posting message on social media
- Nirbhaya gang-rape convict Vinay Sharma attempts suicide in Tihar Jail
- Rajnath Singh, Mehbooba Mufti hold joint press conference on Kashmir violence
- Will appoint nodal officer for Kashmiris: Rajnath Singh
- President, PM Modi greet nation on Janmashtami
- Twelve people killed in American University attack: Afghan police
- A Flying Jatt tweet review: First day first show
- Xiaomi MIUI 8 ROM starts rolling out: Know which phones in India will get the update
- Denied help by hospital authorities, Odisha man walks 10-km carrying wife's dead body; WATCH