Missing woman doctor`s body found
Imphal: The body of a young woman doctor was found at an interior place of Manipur`s Imphal East district today, two days after she went missing.
The body of 31-year-old doctor, who was a junior surgeon in the pathology department of Regional Institute of Medical Science and Hospital, was found 18 km away at interior rural Khongman Basikhong under Irilbung police station of Imphal district, police said.
Her body bore strangulation marks, they said.
She had gone missing since April 3 afternoon and her family had lodged a complaint at Irilbung police station this morning. Her body was found at around 2.30 pm.
Family sources said the complaint was not filed on April 3 as it thought that she might have left with a lover as per Manipuri custom. But since no one came forward on the next day, they lodged the complaint.
No individual or group has claimed responsibility for her killing, official sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will wipe out BJP and Congress from the country: Akbaruddin Owaisi
- Ahead of 'Kashmir Solidarity Day', Hafiz Saeed's JuD releases controversial video featuring Pakistani Army chief
- `Jawaharlal Nehru awarded the man who stole Subhas Chandra Bose's INA treasure`
- Ten Army soldiers missing in Siachen avalanche presumed dead; PM Modi 'salutes' martyrs
- Ravindra Jadeja: Indian all-rounder to get engaged today