Missing woman doctor`s body found
Imphal: The body of a young woman doctor was found at an interior place of Manipur`s Imphal East district today, two days after she went missing.
The body of 31-year-old doctor, who was a junior surgeon in the pathology department of Regional Institute of Medical Science and Hospital, was found 18 km away at interior rural Khongman Basikhong under Irilbung police station of Imphal district, police said.
Her body bore strangulation marks, they said.
She had gone missing since April 3 afternoon and her family had lodged a complaint at Irilbung police station this morning. Her body was found at around 2.30 pm.
Family sources said the complaint was not filed on April 3 as it thought that she might have left with a lover as per Manipuri custom. But since no one came forward on the next day, they lodged the complaint.
No individual or group has claimed responsibility for her killing, official sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ajinkya Rahane to captain India on Zimbabwe tour; Dhoni, Kohli rested
- Shiv Sena slams HC order banning erection of pandals on roads
- Kejriwal's electricity bill exceeds Rs 1 lakh in two months: RTI
- Top leader of NSCN(K) arrested for Manipur attacks by NIA
- Vijender Singh turns professional boxer, to miss 2016 Rio Olympics
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- Chinese military research academy praises India's main battle tank Arjun, says it's 'very good'
- Gangster Abu Salem ready to tie the knot with girl seeking to marry him
- Vijender Singh brings down curtains on India career, turns professional
- Manipur ambush: Key NSCN(K) leader involved in killing of 18 Army personnel arrested by NIA