Missing woman doctor`s body found
Imphal: The body of a young woman doctor was found at an interior place of Manipur`s Imphal East district today, two days after she went missing.
The body of 31-year-old doctor, who was a junior surgeon in the pathology department of Regional Institute of Medical Science and Hospital, was found 18 km away at interior rural Khongman Basikhong under Irilbung police station of Imphal district, police said.
Her body bore strangulation marks, they said.
She had gone missing since April 3 afternoon and her family had lodged a complaint at Irilbung police station this morning. Her body was found at around 2.30 pm.
Family sources said the complaint was not filed on April 3 as it thought that she might have left with a lover as per Manipuri custom. But since no one came forward on the next day, they lodged the complaint.
No individual or group has claimed responsibility for her killing, official sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Munich attack: 18-year-old German-Iranian gunman kills 9 at shopping mall
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley?
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part II
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part III
- DNA: Analyzing the real problems of patriotic Kashmir's residents
- Doomed EgyptAir flight broke up midair after fire: Report
- Pokemon Go daily used twice as much as Facebook
- Virat Kohli: Five incredible records set by India captain during 200-run knock
- In Gujarat, 95 of 100 suspects in crimes against Dalits acquitted
- Four people killed in Darjeeling building collapse