Mizo legislature`s session to begin from March 20
Aizawl: Mizoram legislature`s session
would run from March 20 to March 28, according to the decision
made by the meeting of the business advisory committee here on Tuesday.
State Assembly secretary Ngurthanzuala told PTI that
Governor Vakkom Purushothaman would deliver his maiden
customary gubernatorial address to the assembly on the first
day of the session.
The state interim budget would be presented on March
22 by Finance Minister H Liansailova and seek a
vote-on-account for the first four months of the next fiscal
beginning from April.
Regular annual budget could not be prepared due to the
"failure" of the Planning Commission to allocate annual plan
outlay of the state for 2012-2013, Ngurthanzuala said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- IND vs AUS, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- BMC poll results: Shiv Sena approaches Congress for pact, party says 'not interested'
- Indian man Srinivas Kuchibhotla shot dead in Kansas bar while watching basketball game - Know what happened