Mizoram Excise Dept seizes heroin, Myanmarese nabbed
Aizawl: The Mizoram Excise Department has seized 44 grams of heroin here and arrested a Myanmarese national in this connection, an official said Thursday.
The contraband was seized from two places in Aizawl and Thangkhuma, 28, a resident of Tahan `G` Group in Myanmar was arrested yesterday, Spokesman of the state excise and narcotics department Peter Zohmingthanga said.
The accused allegedly concealed the drug inside soap boxes. He was booked under relevant sections of the Narcotic Drugs and Psychotropic Substances Act 1985, Zohmingthanga said.
Mizoram shares 404-kilometre long porous border with Myanmar and is vulnerable to drug trafficking from the Golden Triangle (area comprising parts of Northern Thailand, Laos and Myanmar infamous for narcotics trade) region.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail
- 'People's President' APJ Abdul Kalam laid to rest in Rameswaram
- Panel discussion on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's hanging
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- What Yakub Memon did in minutes before being hanged
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet
- Cristiano Ronaldo great, but Lionel Messi is greatest: Xavi Hernandez