More salary, less allowance for Meghalaya MLAs
Shillong: Meghalaya legislators have received a salary hike of Rs.15,000 but their travel allowance has been cut by Rs.10,000, a minister said Wednesday.
The Meghalaya cabinet late Tuesday hiked the salaries to Rs.20,000 from the existing Rs.5,000. But it slashed travel allowance from Rs.15,000 to Rs.5,000, said Rowell Lyngdoh, the deputy chief minister in charge of parliamentary affairs.
"Actually, we have not hiked the salaries of legislators. It was an internal adjustment to see the salaries of legislators are higher than the pension received by former legislators," he said.
Former legislators of the state carry home a monthly salary of Rs.13,000, including medical allowances.
The monthly total emoluments of the legislators would remain at Rs.1.3 lakh, said Lyngdoh.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar Part II
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar Part III
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar Part IV
- Olympic bronze medallist Sakshi Malik returns home from Rio to grand welcome!
- Xiaomi Mi 5 gets a huge price cut; know the new rate here
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin poses as journalist during Carlos Brathwaite's press conference
- Rio Olympics fallout: Sports Ministry sets up inquiry to probe apathy in OP Jaisha's case
- SHOCKING! 1,012 rapes in UP in last 5 months, says govt
- Katrina Kaif and Sidharth Malhotra's sizzling chemistry in 'Baar Baar Dekho' is making us crazy!