Naga rebels coming today for talks with Centre
New Delhi: Carrying forward the dialogue
process on the vexed Naga issue, NSCN-IM Chairman Isak Chisi
Swu and General Secretary Thuingaleng Muivah will arrive here on Saturday to hold talks with the Centre`s new pointsman and are
likely to meet Prime Minister Manmohan Singh.
Swu and Muivah, who had last visited India in December
2006 and held talks with government leaders, are coming a
fornight after the Government appointed R S Pandey, a former
Petroleum Secretary, as the new interlocutor on Naga talks
earlier this month.
The two top Naga rebel leaders, who are based in the
Dutch capital Amsterdam, are likely to call on the Prime
Minister and Home Minister P Chidambaram, official sources
said here today.
Ahead of meetings with political leadership, the Naga
leaders will hold talks with Pandey on March two and three,
The two leaders were also expected to visit Nagaland
besides addressing to the issue of clashes between the cadres
of NSCN-IM and its rival NSCN (Khaplang), which resulted in
unrest in the recent past.
Sources in the Government said they would try and iron
out the differences with the Centre on key issues, including
the sovereignty demand under which the NSCN-IM has proposed a
federal relationship with Indian Union.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Cashless transactions increased rapidly following note ban
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- PM Narendra Modi ropes in Nandan Nilekani to boost process of digital payments post demonetisation
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145