Naga rebels coming today for talks with Centre
New Delhi: Carrying forward the dialogue
process on the vexed Naga issue, NSCN-IM Chairman Isak Chisi
Swu and General Secretary Thuingaleng Muivah will arrive here on Saturday to hold talks with the Centre`s new pointsman and are
likely to meet Prime Minister Manmohan Singh.
Swu and Muivah, who had last visited India in December
2006 and held talks with government leaders, are coming a
fornight after the Government appointed R S Pandey, a former
Petroleum Secretary, as the new interlocutor on Naga talks
earlier this month.
The two top Naga rebel leaders, who are based in the
Dutch capital Amsterdam, are likely to call on the Prime
Minister and Home Minister P Chidambaram, official sources
said here today.
Ahead of meetings with political leadership, the Naga
leaders will hold talks with Pandey on March two and three,
The two leaders were also expected to visit Nagaland
besides addressing to the issue of clashes between the cadres
of NSCN-IM and its rival NSCN (Khaplang), which resulted in
unrest in the recent past.
Sources in the Government said they would try and iron
out the differences with the Centre on key issues, including
the sovereignty demand under which the NSCN-IM has proposed a
federal relationship with Indian Union.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- Mumbaikars join hands to save Pakistani teen with rare illness
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- One year of Modi govt: Arun Jaitley addresses press conference
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- Zee Media Exclusive: Kangana, Madhavan talk about their film 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns'
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with Congress leader Kamal Nath
- Woman robbed at gunpoint inside Hyderabad ATM
- DNA: Harmful chemicals found in Maggi, Nestle India still in denial mode
- Check Jharkhand Board jac.nic.in: Class 12th Art Results 2015 declared
- Is MSG in 'Maggi' noodles harmful for you?
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- New IPL rules could see Chennai Super Kings lose MS Dhoni
- `Piku` hits jackpot, does Rs 100 crore business worldwide
- Anurag Kashyap to bid goodbye to India, settle in 'cinema-friendly' France!
- Geelani's passport application incomplete, cannot be processed: MEA
- CBSE Class X Results 2015 to be announced today?
- Lalu Yadav invites Jitan Ram Manjhi for joint fight against BJP, JD(U) upset
- Littering, defacement to be made punishable offence
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 may not be announced today
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2: CSK vs RCB - As it happened...
- Kejriwal slams notification on LG's powers, says Modi running Delhi govt through back door
- Check Jharkhand JAC 12th Intermediate Arts Results 2015 on jac.nic.in