Naga rebels coming today for talks with Centre
New Delhi: Carrying forward the dialogue
process on the vexed Naga issue, NSCN-IM Chairman Isak Chisi
Swu and General Secretary Thuingaleng Muivah will arrive here on Saturday to hold talks with the Centre`s new pointsman and are
likely to meet Prime Minister Manmohan Singh.
Swu and Muivah, who had last visited India in December
2006 and held talks with government leaders, are coming a
fornight after the Government appointed R S Pandey, a former
Petroleum Secretary, as the new interlocutor on Naga talks
earlier this month.
The two top Naga rebel leaders, who are based in the
Dutch capital Amsterdam, are likely to call on the Prime
Minister and Home Minister P Chidambaram, official sources
said here today.
Ahead of meetings with political leadership, the Naga
leaders will hold talks with Pandey on March two and three,
The two leaders were also expected to visit Nagaland
besides addressing to the issue of clashes between the cadres
of NSCN-IM and its rival NSCN (Khaplang), which resulted in
unrest in the recent past.
Sources in the Government said they would try and iron
out the differences with the Centre on key issues, including
the sovereignty demand under which the NSCN-IM has proposed a
federal relationship with Indian Union.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- Exclusive interview with Usman Majid, MLA, J&K Congress
- Four Indians kidnapped in Libya; Islamic State hand suspected
- Parties should be united against terrorism, says Rajnath Singh
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- Cristiano Ronaldo great, but Lionel Messi is greatest: Xavi Hernandez