Nagaland complains of delays in sanction of schemes
Kohima: Nagaland Chief Minister T R Zeliang has apprised the Union Minister of State for DoNER General (retd) V K Singh of the long delays in the sanction of retained schemes under Non Lapsable Central Pool of Resources (NLCPR).
The delay was mainly caused by vetting of several ministries in the previous regime, said the chief minister who along with his home and power ministers and parliamentary secretary for planning and coordination called on the union minister in New Delhi yesterday, an official press release said here.
The chief minister had said that he would bring one DPR from each district to meet the aspiration of the local people, the release said.
Singh assured all possible help and assistance to the state and promised to bring the state at par with other developed states in the country.
He also urged the chief minister to submit data on the existing roads, maintenance of roads and the immediate requirement of roads in the state.
The union minister also laid stress on drinking water, health and education of the people in the state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'US will continue to expand defense systems to protect South Korea, regional allies from North Korean missiles'
- Bandits kill 31 bush taxi passengers in Madagascar
- North Korean leader Kim Jong-Un hails successful test of new missile, says it can strike US Pacific bases
- LIC chairman S K Roy resigns two years before his term ends
- UEFA Euro 2016: Cristiano Ronaldo rescues Portugal; Belgium seal last-16 berth in Zlatan Ibrahimovic's farewell