Nagaland complains of delays in sanction of schemes
Kohima: Nagaland Chief Minister T R Zeliang has apprised the Union Minister of State for DoNER General (retd) V K Singh of the long delays in the sanction of retained schemes under Non Lapsable Central Pool of Resources (NLCPR).
The delay was mainly caused by vetting of several ministries in the previous regime, said the chief minister who along with his home and power ministers and parliamentary secretary for planning and coordination called on the union minister in New Delhi yesterday, an official press release said here.
The chief minister had said that he would bring one DPR from each district to meet the aspiration of the local people, the release said.
Singh assured all possible help and assistance to the state and promised to bring the state at par with other developed states in the country.
He also urged the chief minister to submit data on the existing roads, maintenance of roads and the immediate requirement of roads in the state.
The union minister also laid stress on drinking water, health and education of the people in the state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa