NBW against absconding cop in rape case in Shilong
Shillong: A non-bailable warrant has been
issued against a Sub Inspector of Meghalaya Police who is absconding after he allegedly raped a 13-year-old girl at a city hotel last month.
Sub Inspector of Rynjah police station in the city S N
Roy is absconding since April 13 after applying for sick
Superintendent of Police (City) M Kharkrang today said
the arrest warrant was issued against the SI based on the
victim?s statement in the court.
The department has also suspended the officer, he said.
Kharkrang said the police have conducted raids in several
places to trace Roy but he has gone hiding since his name
began to appear in the crime.
His sick leave has not yet been granted by the competent
authority, he added.
The 13-year-old victim, a class VIII student of a city
school, was gang-raped at a city hotel last month.
The police so far have arrested four persons in this
connection - Bobby Jyrwa Nongseij, Johny Kshiar, Brando
Nongrum and one girl who abetted the crime, Angel Dulian.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Shahid Kapoor-Mira Rajput wedding: Check out their first picture as a couple!
- Vyapam scam: After over 45 deaths, can Shivraj Singh Chouhan resist CBI probe?
- Vyapam scam: Congress accuses MP CM of 'misleading' people, demands his resignation