NCP demands CBI inquiry into scams in Arunachal
Itanagar: The NCP in Arunachal Pradesh has
demanded CBI inquiry into all financial irregularities in
various departments pointed out by a recent report of the
Comptroller and Auditor General (CAG) of India.
"The revelations made by the CAG report of huge
financial irregularities in hydro power, relief and
rehabilitation and mines and mineral departments are quite
serious and the government should recommend these cases
including the multi-crore PDS scam and the Apex Bank Loan scam
to CBI", party`s RTI cell chairman Kaling Jerang said in a
The party also urged the government to expedite the
investigation into the murder of former MP Wangcha Rajkumar.
It has urged the state government to cancel the
licenses of all PDS nominees involved in the PDS scam.
"The black listing of all firms and issuance of fresh
licenses to firms, bodies and cooperatives with healthy track
records by constitution of a high power committee is the need
of the hour", the party added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan - Part II
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- J Jayalalithaa passes away: Know what all she left behind in assets