NCPCR team on two-day visit of Arunachal Pradesh
Itanagar: A three-member delegation of the National Commission for Protection of Child Rights (NCPCR) headed by its chairperson Prof Shanta Sinha is on a two-day visit of Arunachal Pradesh, official sources said today.
The NCPRC team led by Sinha comprising Dipa Dixit (member) and B K Sahu (registrar) arrived here yesterday, the sources said.
The NCPRC teams wants to assess the situation of children in the state pertaining to offences against them, violation of child rights and other child rights issues, they said.
The NCPCR delegation today visited the orphanage run by the Oju Welfare Association at Naharlagun and later held a meeting with NGOs and Child Rights activists.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Munich attack: 18-year-old German-Iranian gunman kills 9 at shopping mall
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley?
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part II
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part III
- DNA: Analyzing the real problems of patriotic Kashmir's residents
- In Gujarat, 95 of 100 suspects in crimes against Dalits acquitted
- Four people killed in Darjeeling building collapse
- Congress sounds UP poll bugle; Sonia, Rahul flag off three-day bus Yatra '27 Saal UP Behaal'
- Sunny Leone in trouble after singing national anthem at Pro Kabaddi League match - Here's why
- Another ISIS suspect arrested from Maharashtra's Thane district