NCPCR team on two-day visit of Arunachal Pradesh
Itanagar: A three-member delegation of the National Commission for Protection of Child Rights (NCPCR) headed by its chairperson Prof Shanta Sinha is on a two-day visit of Arunachal Pradesh, official sources said today.
The NCPRC team led by Sinha comprising Dipa Dixit (member) and B K Sahu (registrar) arrived here yesterday, the sources said.
The NCPRC teams wants to assess the situation of children in the state pertaining to offences against them, violation of child rights and other child rights issues, they said.
The NCPCR delegation today visited the orphanage run by the Oju Welfare Association at Naharlagun and later held a meeting with NGOs and Child Rights activists.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Pakistan behind increasing train accidents in India?
- DNA: Beaten by mob in Kolkata, US NRI vows never to return in India
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- DNA: Has bad time started for American 'media' after Donald Trump became US President?
- WATCH: Epic Staredown between Goldberg, The Undertaker and Brock Lesnar at WWE Raw
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Jaya and Amitabh Bachchan living separately: Amar Singh makes shocking revelations