NCPCR team on two-day visit of Arunachal Pradesh
Itanagar: A three-member delegation of the National Commission for Protection of Child Rights (NCPCR) headed by its chairperson Prof Shanta Sinha is on a two-day visit of Arunachal Pradesh, official sources said today.
The NCPRC team led by Sinha comprising Dipa Dixit (member) and B K Sahu (registrar) arrived here yesterday, the sources said.
The NCPRC teams wants to assess the situation of children in the state pertaining to offences against them, violation of child rights and other child rights issues, they said.
The NCPCR delegation today visited the orphanage run by the Oju Welfare Association at Naharlagun and later held a meeting with NGOs and Child Rights activists.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Mother beats her infant son in Bareilly, tries to strangulate him
- Women can enter inner sanctorum of Haji Ali Dargah: Mumbai HC
- Watch: PM Modi's speech on Transforming India at NITI Aayog
- Mysterious fever claims 12 lives in Noida within 15 days
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah