NCPCR team on two-day visit of Arunachal Pradesh
Itanagar: A three-member delegation of the National Commission for Protection of Child Rights (NCPCR) headed by its chairperson Prof Shanta Sinha is on a two-day visit of Arunachal Pradesh, official sources said today.
The NCPRC team led by Sinha comprising Dipa Dixit (member) and B K Sahu (registrar) arrived here yesterday, the sources said.
The NCPRC teams wants to assess the situation of children in the state pertaining to offences against them, violation of child rights and other child rights issues, they said.
The NCPCR delegation today visited the orphanage run by the Oju Welfare Association at Naharlagun and later held a meeting with NGOs and Child Rights activists.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bird flu grips nation, Delhi worst affected
- I pay my tribute to martyr Naresh Pal: PM Narendra Modi
- Some people are creating confusion between me and my father: Akhilesh Yadav
- Ramgopal Yadav writes to SP workers after Akhilesh Yadav suspends Shivpal Yadav
- How will the rift in Samajwadi Party affect UP politics?
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees