NE: Seven underground activists surrender arms
Itanagar: Seven cadres of various underground
outfits operating in Changlang district of Arunachal Pradesh surrendered before security forces giving a major boost to the peace building process in the insurgency affected district.
Six cadres of Arunachal Naga Liberation Front (ANLF) and an ultra of NSCN (K) laid down their arms yesterday in a
simple ceremony organized at Changlang Town by the 4 Assam
The cadres surrendered with one .22 rifle, 4 pistols,
2 revolvers and ammunitions, an AR communiqué informed here
The ceremony was presided over by Commander, 25 Sector Assam Rifles and Commandant, 4 Assam Rifles and was attended by Changlang Superintendent of Police.
The Commander appreciated the bold step taken by
these insurgents to shun the path of violence and join the
“The event assumes importance as all cadres who
surrendered are locals and will prove to be a source of
inspiration for other such cadres to come forward and join the
national mainstream,” the commander added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Afzal Guru row: JNU Students' Union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested
- Missing girl from Ghaziabad, Dipti Sarna returns; reunited with family
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit! - Part II
- Kumar Vishwas' birthday bash: Ajit Doval, BJP and RSS leaders attend; Arvind Kejriwal missing
- Afzal Guru row: JNU students union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested by Delhi Police
- Fitoor movie review: Tabu overpowers, Katrina Kaif, Aditya Roy Kapur leave a lasting impact!
- Was abducted, blindfolded for four hours; Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna narrates her ordeal
- VIDEO: Shikhar Dhawan reveals impact of Yuvraj Singh in India dressing room