NE: Seven underground activists surrender arms
Itanagar: Seven cadres of various underground
outfits operating in Changlang district of Arunachal Pradesh surrendered before security forces giving a major boost to the peace building process in the insurgency affected district.
Six cadres of Arunachal Naga Liberation Front (ANLF) and an ultra of NSCN (K) laid down their arms yesterday in a
simple ceremony organized at Changlang Town by the 4 Assam
The cadres surrendered with one .22 rifle, 4 pistols,
2 revolvers and ammunitions, an AR communiqué informed here
The ceremony was presided over by Commander, 25 Sector Assam Rifles and Commandant, 4 Assam Rifles and was attended by Changlang Superintendent of Police.
The Commander appreciated the bold step taken by
these insurgents to shun the path of violence and join the
“The event assumes importance as all cadres who
surrendered are locals and will prove to be a source of
inspiration for other such cadres to come forward and join the
national mainstream,” the commander added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Delhi: Three-year-old twins die after falling into washing machine in Rohini
- China 'threatened' by ISRO's record-setting achievement?
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- India vs Australia, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...