NE: Seven underground activists surrender arms
Itanagar: Seven cadres of various underground
outfits operating in Changlang district of Arunachal Pradesh surrendered before security forces giving a major boost to the peace building process in the insurgency affected district.
Six cadres of Arunachal Naga Liberation Front (ANLF) and an ultra of NSCN (K) laid down their arms yesterday in a
simple ceremony organized at Changlang Town by the 4 Assam
The cadres surrendered with one .22 rifle, 4 pistols,
2 revolvers and ammunitions, an AR communiqué informed here
The ceremony was presided over by Commander, 25 Sector Assam Rifles and Commandant, 4 Assam Rifles and was attended by Changlang Superintendent of Police.
The Commander appreciated the bold step taken by
these insurgents to shun the path of violence and join the
“The event assumes importance as all cadres who
surrendered are locals and will prove to be a source of
inspiration for other such cadres to come forward and join the
national mainstream,” the commander added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shahi Imam meets PM Modi, demands innocent Muslims must not be harassed in name of fighting ISIS
- 12 men rape British teen girl for over 13 months; slapped with 140 years in jail
- Mahendra Singh Dhoni: I allow bowlers to set the field in T20 cricket
- 'Achhe din': Residents of PM Modi's adopted village to get free electricity, work in full swing
- Siachen survivor Lance Naik Hanumanthappa brought to Delhi, Army chief Dabir Singh visits RR hospital