NE: Seven underground activists surrender arms
Itanagar: Seven cadres of various underground
outfits operating in Changlang district of Arunachal Pradesh surrendered before security forces giving a major boost to the peace building process in the insurgency affected district.
Six cadres of Arunachal Naga Liberation Front (ANLF) and an ultra of NSCN (K) laid down their arms yesterday in a
simple ceremony organized at Changlang Town by the 4 Assam
The cadres surrendered with one .22 rifle, 4 pistols,
2 revolvers and ammunitions, an AR communiqué informed here
The ceremony was presided over by Commander, 25 Sector Assam Rifles and Commandant, 4 Assam Rifles and was attended by Changlang Superintendent of Police.
The Commander appreciated the bold step taken by
these insurgents to shun the path of violence and join the
“The event assumes importance as all cadres who
surrendered are locals and will prove to be a source of
inspiration for other such cadres to come forward and join the
national mainstream,” the commander added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands
- Salman Khan's songs: Best five!