NE: Seven underground activists surrender arms
Itanagar: Seven cadres of various underground
outfits operating in Changlang district of Arunachal Pradesh surrendered before security forces giving a major boost to the peace building process in the insurgency affected district.
Six cadres of Arunachal Naga Liberation Front (ANLF) and an ultra of NSCN (K) laid down their arms yesterday in a
simple ceremony organized at Changlang Town by the 4 Assam
The cadres surrendered with one .22 rifle, 4 pistols,
2 revolvers and ammunitions, an AR communiqué informed here
The ceremony was presided over by Commander, 25 Sector Assam Rifles and Commandant, 4 Assam Rifles and was attended by Changlang Superintendent of Police.
The Commander appreciated the bold step taken by
these insurgents to shun the path of violence and join the
“The event assumes importance as all cadres who
surrendered are locals and will prove to be a source of
inspiration for other such cadres to come forward and join the
national mainstream,” the commander added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- DNA: 1965 Indo-Pak war- Analysis of India's victory and exposing Pakistan's lies
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Sushma Swaraj ties rakhi to M Venkaiah Naidu
- Indrani Mukerjea's son Mikhail emailed Sheena Bora's resignation letter
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'