New Meghalaya governor sworn-in
Shillong: Former Delhi Police Commissioner K K Paul was sworn-in as the 13th Governor of Meghalaya on Monday.
Chief Justice of the Meghalaya High Court, T Meena Kumari administered the oath of office and secrecy to Paul at a ceremony held in the Raj Bhawan here.
Chief Minister Mukul Sangma, other ministers, senior political leaders and bureaucrats were present.
The new governor`s wife Amita Paul, who is Secretary to President Pranab Mukherjee was also present.
"I assure you to uphold the democratic values and dedicate my service to all round well being of the people of the state," said Paul who replaced R S Mooshahary.
Chief Minister Mukul Sangma during his welcome address assured full support and cooperation to the governor.
"We are looking forward to your guidance and support and together we can bring the state to the highest level," Sangma said.
A 1970 batch IPS officer, Paul was a Member of Union Public Service Commission from July 26, 2007. He served in the IB and RAW, and led the police investigation in the case that linked former South African skipper Hansie Cronje to the match-fixing scandal.
- Is Bhagat Singh a revolutionary terrorist? : Taal Thok Ke Extra Strong - Part 1
- Why is Bhagat Singh considered a revolutionary terrorist in free India?
- Why is Bhagat Singh considered a revolutionary terrorist in free India?-Part II
- Why is Bhagat Singh considered a revolutionary terrorist in free India?-Part III
- Why is Bhagat Singh considered a revolutionary terrorist in free India?-Part IV
- PM Modi meets Sushma Swaraj at AIIMS today
- AgustaWestland scam: Arvind Kejriwal asks Modi govt 'What are you waiting for?'
- Putin slams Russian space failures after delayed launch
- BJP wins mayoral polls in SDMC, EDMC
- Parliamentary panel tells HRD to find if private schools complying with Right to Education Act