New Meghalaya governor sworn-in
Shillong: Former Delhi Police Commissioner K K Paul was sworn-in as the 13th Governor of Meghalaya on Monday.
Chief Justice of the Meghalaya High Court, T Meena Kumari administered the oath of office and secrecy to Paul at a ceremony held in the Raj Bhawan here.
Chief Minister Mukul Sangma, other ministers, senior political leaders and bureaucrats were present.
The new governor`s wife Amita Paul, who is Secretary to President Pranab Mukherjee was also present.
"I assure you to uphold the democratic values and dedicate my service to all round well being of the people of the state," said Paul who replaced R S Mooshahary.
Chief Minister Mukul Sangma during his welcome address assured full support and cooperation to the governor.
"We are looking forward to your guidance and support and together we can bring the state to the highest level," Sangma said.
A 1970 batch IPS officer, Paul was a Member of Union Public Service Commission from July 26, 2007. He served in the IB and RAW, and led the police investigation in the case that linked former South African skipper Hansie Cronje to the match-fixing scandal.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath reviews Gomti riverfront work
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath warns supporters of criminals, mafia
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP