New Meghalaya governor sworn-in
Shillong: Former Delhi Police Commissioner K K Paul was sworn-in as the 13th Governor of Meghalaya on Monday.
Chief Justice of the Meghalaya High Court, T Meena Kumari administered the oath of office and secrecy to Paul at a ceremony held in the Raj Bhawan here.
Chief Minister Mukul Sangma, other ministers, senior political leaders and bureaucrats were present.
The new governor`s wife Amita Paul, who is Secretary to President Pranab Mukherjee was also present.
"I assure you to uphold the democratic values and dedicate my service to all round well being of the people of the state," said Paul who replaced R S Mooshahary.
Chief Minister Mukul Sangma during his welcome address assured full support and cooperation to the governor.
"We are looking forward to your guidance and support and together we can bring the state to the highest level," Sangma said.
A 1970 batch IPS officer, Paul was a Member of Union Public Service Commission from July 26, 2007. He served in the IB and RAW, and led the police investigation in the case that linked former South African skipper Hansie Cronje to the match-fixing scandal.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I am surviving only on 25% of my liver today, says Big B
- Aamir Khan's 'intolerance' comment kicks up row
- Exclusive: Sudhir Chaudhary in conversation with Aamir Khan on intolerance in India!
- Panel discussion on Aamir Khan's remark on 'intolerance'
- Rahul Gandhi spotted with hate speech convict Imran Masood in Saharanpur
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India