No Bru refugee returns to Mizoram
Aizawl: Not a single Bru refugee returned to Mizoram on the third day on Tuesday of the fourth phase of repatriation from North Tripura relief camps.
No Bru refugee returned, Mamit district SP H Sangawia told a news agency over phone from Kanhmun Facilitation camp, one of the two transit camps where the repatriated Brus were to be received by Mizoram officials.
All officials who had gone to the relief camps returned at 2 pm, he said.
Preparations had been made for the return of 811 people belonging to 153 families from Khakchangpara relief camp during the day.
Only 41 refugees belonging to seven families have returned since the fourth phase began on April 26.
Official sources said that anti-repatriation elements were intimidating the refugees and those willing to return to Mizoram dared not do so.
Anti-repatriation elements among the refugees were demanding a number of things including formation of autonomous district council for Brus in Mizoram.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking: New ISIS video shows English-speaking boy beheading man
- Modi should not think of sending forces to fight ISIS: AIMIM chief Owaisi
- Panel discussion over politicians using Dalits as vote banks
- Siachen: All 10 missing soldiers hit by avalanche confirmed dead
- LTCG tax concession for under construction property
- `Jawaharlal Nehru awarded the man who stole Subhas Chandra Bose's INA treasure`
- ‘Ghayal Once Again’ tweet review
- Hashim Amla refuses to be interviewed by 'underdressed' Indian TV anchor: Report
- Scariest ever ghosts caught on camera, video goes viral - Watch
- Deepika Padukone's first shot from 'XXX 3' revealed! See pic