No serious oppression of minorities in Mizoram-Sangliana
Aizawl: There has been no serious oppression
and persecution of minorities in Mizoram, Vice-Chairman of the
National Minority Commission H T Sangliana said Friday.
"The lot of the minorities in Mizoram is better than that
of those in other states, including neighbouring Manipur
where the minorities are being discriminated," Sangliana told
He said all states should have minority commissions to
protect the rights of the minorities in their respective
states and the Mizoram government would also have to
constitute such a commission.
During his visit to Mizoram, he met representatives of
different minority communities like the Chakmas and the Brus
and others and also held discussions with state home minister
R Lalzirliana, senior government officials and major NGOs.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Virat Kohli, Anushka Sharma announce their break-up officially: Report
- Awkward! Watch Aditi Rao Hydari speaks about Farhan Akhtar’s divorce!
- Shahi Imam meets PM Modi, demands innocent Muslims must not be harassed in name of fighting ISIS
- 12 men rape British teen girl for over 13 months; slapped with 140 years in jail
- Mahendra Singh Dhoni: I allow bowlers to set the field in T20 cricket