Non-Manipuri labourer shot dead in Imphal
Imphal: A non-Manipuri labourer was allegedly shot dead by two unidentified gunmen in Imphal West district of Manipur, police said Wednesday.
The labourer Mohan Sahu, who hailed from Lewa village in Khagaria district of Bihar, was gunned down from point blank range at Waheng Leikai area here while he was trying to get water from a water pump located near his rented house last evening.
Sahu, who received two bullets in his head, succumbed to injuries at a nearby hospital, the police said.
The victim used to stay in a rented house alongwith four other labourers from his state.
With this killing, the number of non-Manipuri lab ourers killed in the state has gone upto five this year, the police said.
Over 15 non-Manipuri workers were killed in the past one and half years.
Police said they have intensified security measures in and around Imphal where non-Manipuri labourers were working.
No individual or group has far claimed responsibility for the crime.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Bikaner: 13-year-old schoolgirl raped by eight teachers
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Know how to link your PAN card with Aadhaar card – Here is the step by step explanation
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested