Non-Manipuri labourer shot dead in Imphal
Imphal: A non-Manipuri labourer was allegedly shot dead by two unidentified gunmen in Imphal West district of Manipur, police said Wednesday.
The labourer Mohan Sahu, who hailed from Lewa village in Khagaria district of Bihar, was gunned down from point blank range at Waheng Leikai area here while he was trying to get water from a water pump located near his rented house last evening.
Sahu, who received two bullets in his head, succumbed to injuries at a nearby hospital, the police said.
The victim used to stay in a rented house alongwith four other labourers from his state.
With this killing, the number of non-Manipuri lab ourers killed in the state has gone upto five this year, the police said.
Over 15 non-Manipuri workers were killed in the past one and half years.
Police said they have intensified security measures in and around Imphal where non-Manipuri labourers were working.
No individual or group has far claimed responsibility for the crime.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi