NSCN(K) man apprehended in Arunachal
Itanagar: A NSCN (K) cadre has been
apprehended from Malugaon Village III in Arunachal Pradesh`s
Tirap district, Assam Rifles sources said Wednesday.
The man, Chobu alias Cha Aung, who was from Myanmar
and had joined the outfit in 2000, was apprehended yesterday,
the sources said.
The 25 Assam Rifles stationed at Khonsa, the district
headquarters, had received reports on presence of a few NSCN
(K) cadre in villages near Ledo in past few weeks.
These cadre extorted villagers, tea garden owners and
shop keepers, the sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Five guerrillas, one soldier killed near LoC
- 3rd Test, Day 2: Sri Lanka rattle Pakistan in decider
- Wimbledon: Novak Djokovic, Maria Sharapova cruise into last 16
- Indian Mujahideen chief Yasin Bhatkal indicates Islamic State will help him get out of jail soon