One killed, one injured in police firing
Guwahati: A rickshaw puller was killed and a
school student injured when police fired at a rickshaw
carrying ULFA militants at Sualkuchi town in Kamrup (rural)
district today, official sources said.
Two ULFA militants were travelling in a rickshaw pulled
by Maniram Rabha when police fired at them injuring Rabha and
a class four student Deepjyoti Nath (10), sources said.
An ULFA militant Riaz Ali alias Harekrishna Deka
travelling in the rickshaw was nabbed and a hand grenade
seized from his possession, they said.
Both Rabha and Nath were rushed to hospital. While Rabha
succumbed to his bullet wounds in the Gauwahati Medical
College Hospital, Nath was discharged after first aid, they
The two ULFA militants were travelling in the rickshaw
after trying to extort Rs 5 lakh from a gas agency when police
tried to intercept them by firing at the rickshaw, the sources
Meanwhile, police launched a massive manhunt to nab the
other militant who fled during the firing, the sources added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath reviews Gomti riverfront work
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP