One killed, one injured in police firing
Guwahati: A rickshaw puller was killed and a
school student injured when police fired at a rickshaw
carrying ULFA militants at Sualkuchi town in Kamrup (rural)
district today, official sources said.
Two ULFA militants were travelling in a rickshaw pulled
by Maniram Rabha when police fired at them injuring Rabha and
a class four student Deepjyoti Nath (10), sources said.
An ULFA militant Riaz Ali alias Harekrishna Deka
travelling in the rickshaw was nabbed and a hand grenade
seized from his possession, they said.
Both Rabha and Nath were rushed to hospital. While Rabha
succumbed to his bullet wounds in the Gauwahati Medical
College Hospital, Nath was discharged after first aid, they
The two ULFA militants were travelling in the rickshaw
after trying to extort Rs 5 lakh from a gas agency when police
tried to intercept them by firing at the rickshaw, the sources
Meanwhile, police launched a massive manhunt to nab the
other militant who fled during the firing, the sources added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Onam Bumper Lottery/Kerala Thiruvonam Bumper-2016 BR-51 draw result declared - Here is the winning ticket number
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- MNS ultimatum to Pakistani actors: Leave India in 48-hour deadline
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31