Opposition has no respect for the constitution: Chamling
Gangtok: Sikkim Chief Minister, Pawan Kumar
Chamling today slammed the opposition parties for boycotting
the elections to urban bodies and charged them with being
disrespectful to the Constitution.
"The opposition parties showed utter contempt for the
Constitution under which the election for the urban civil
bodies polls were held in Sikkim by staying away from the
election process," he said at a function to felicitate the
elected ward members.
The opposition was not not justified in their decision to
boycott the polls at the last minute as they had ample
opportunities to raise objections to the delimitation and
reservatation of seats for various communities at appropriate
platform and seek corrective measures on their grievances,
The Sikkim Democratic Front (SDF) has swept the urban
bodies polls winning 44 out of 47 wards unopposed. Election
will be held for remaining three wards later.
The ruling party has also clinched seven urban bodies,
including Gangtok Municipal Corporation and Namchi Municipal
Council and five Nagar Panchayats in Rangpo, Singtam, Geyzing,
Jorethang and Mangan.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi