Opposition has no respect for the constitution: Chamling
Gangtok: Sikkim Chief Minister, Pawan Kumar
Chamling today slammed the opposition parties for boycotting
the elections to urban bodies and charged them with being
disrespectful to the Constitution.
"The opposition parties showed utter contempt for the
Constitution under which the election for the urban civil
bodies polls were held in Sikkim by staying away from the
election process," he said at a function to felicitate the
elected ward members.
The opposition was not not justified in their decision to
boycott the polls at the last minute as they had ample
opportunities to raise objections to the delimitation and
reservatation of seats for various communities at appropriate
platform and seek corrective measures on their grievances,
The Sikkim Democratic Front (SDF) has swept the urban
bodies polls winning 44 out of 47 wards unopposed. Election
will be held for remaining three wards later.
The ruling party has also clinched seven urban bodies,
including Gangtok Municipal Corporation and Namchi Municipal
Council and five Nagar Panchayats in Rangpo, Singtam, Geyzing,
Jorethang and Mangan.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 11-year old Odisha boy to get football training at Bayern Munich in Germany
- China warns India against deploying BrahMos cruise missile in Arunachal Pradesh
- One killed in TV channel office attack in Karachi
- Gujarat: Journalist working for local daily found dead in his Junagadh office
- Watch: How floods throw normal life out of gear across country
- Silly to have advertised my Chevalier award: Kamal Haasan
- Chikungunya outbreak in Delhi: Symptoms, tips to stay safe!
- Hal Shashti Vrat 2016: What is the significance of Balaram Jayanti!
- Good news for Vaishno Devi pilgrims! Shrine Board to announce new route soon - Know details
- Samsung's 1st Tizen powered 4G smartphone Z2 launched at Rs 4,590; comes with free Jio SIM