PA Sangma’s NPP releases manifesto
Shillong: The Purno Sangma-led National People`s Party today released its manifesto for the February 23 Assembly elections in Meghalaya
NPP leader Conrad K Sangma released the manifesto and an audio cd in Khasi and Garo languages in the presence of party state president W R Kharlukhi, senior l
eaders and a few candidates.
Conrad, son of former Lok Sabha Speaker P A Sangma, said the manifesto touched on all major areas of concern in the state including corruption, influx and environmental issues.
Promising a comprehensive policy for the development of women, the manifesto said it would take up 10 per cent reservation in Central government jobs for NE people.
The party is fielding 33 candidates in the Khasi and Garo Hills region.
It has a tieup with certain independent candidates in Jaintia and pockets of Khasi hills.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kalam's advisor recalls his last moments with the great scientist
- To Sir with Love: School kids pay tribute to Dr Kalam
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- India mourns APJ Abdul Kalam; PM to receive body at Palam airport
- Kalam's body flown to Delhi; PM, Prez lead nation in paying homage
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- SC hearing on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's curative plea
- India's 'original rocket man': Abdul Kalam's phenomenal contribution to Science
- Parliament pays tributes to Dr APJ Abdul Kalam, calls him 'real gem' of India
- Ready to see Shah Rukh-Salman together on-screen?