PA Sangma’s NPP releases manifesto
Shillong: The Purno Sangma-led National People`s Party today released its manifesto for the February 23 Assembly elections in Meghalaya
NPP leader Conrad K Sangma released the manifesto and an audio cd in Khasi and Garo languages in the presence of party state president W R Kharlukhi, senior l
eaders and a few candidates.
Conrad, son of former Lok Sabha Speaker P A Sangma, said the manifesto touched on all major areas of concern in the state including corruption, influx and environmental issues.
Promising a comprehensive policy for the development of women, the manifesto said it would take up 10 per cent reservation in Central government jobs for NE people.
The party is fielding 33 candidates in the Khasi and Garo Hills region.
It has a tieup with certain independent candidates in Jaintia and pockets of Khasi hills.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- J Jayalalithaa passes away: Know what all she left behind in assets
- After Jayalalithaa, Sasikala Natarajan holds all cards – Know more about her