PA Sangma’s NPP releases manifesto
Shillong: The Purno Sangma-led National People`s Party today released its manifesto for the February 23 Assembly elections in Meghalaya
NPP leader Conrad K Sangma released the manifesto and an audio cd in Khasi and Garo languages in the presence of party state president W R Kharlukhi, senior l
eaders and a few candidates.
Conrad, son of former Lok Sabha Speaker P A Sangma, said the manifesto touched on all major areas of concern in the state including corruption, influx and environmental issues.
Promising a comprehensive policy for the development of women, the manifesto said it would take up 10 per cent reservation in Central government jobs for NE people.
The party is fielding 33 candidates in the Khasi and Garo Hills region.
It has a tieup with certain independent candidates in Jaintia and pockets of Khasi hills.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi government to add environment tax in electricity bill
- Exclusive: Chat with 'Jazbaa' stars Aishwarya Rai and Irrfan Khan!
- AAP govt suggests four-fold hike in MLAs salaries
- DNA: Indian Army's 'Phantom Guns’ to defend border with Pakistan
- Shaheed Express train's freight coach catches fire on Ludhiana railway station
- India vs South Africa 2015: 3rd T20I - Preview
- Indrani Mukerjea's statement on suspected drug overdose recorded
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Indrani Mukerjea back in jail; claims did not take pills, was upset because of mother's death
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka