PA Sangma’s NPP releases manifesto
Shillong: The Purno Sangma-led National People`s Party today released its manifesto for the February 23 Assembly elections in Meghalaya
NPP leader Conrad K Sangma released the manifesto and an audio cd in Khasi and Garo languages in the presence of party state president W R Kharlukhi, senior l
eaders and a few candidates.
Conrad, son of former Lok Sabha Speaker P A Sangma, said the manifesto touched on all major areas of concern in the state including corruption, influx and environmental issues.
Promising a comprehensive policy for the development of women, the manifesto said it would take up 10 per cent reservation in Central government jobs for NE people.
The party is fielding 33 candidates in the Khasi and Garo Hills region.
It has a tieup with certain independent candidates in Jaintia and pockets of Khasi hills.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Panel discussion on RSS's 'Muslim Rashtriya Manch' first Iftaar party
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- MPs spend more than Rs 25 cr taxpayers' money on study tours: DNA reports
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Chile stun Argentina to win first Copa America crown