Plan Panel approves Manipur`s outlay for FY13
New Delhi: The Planning Commission on Wednesday approved Rs 3,500 crore Plan outlay for Manipur for the current fiscal, which is about 9 per cent higher than that in 2011-12.
The annual Plan for the year 2012-13 for the state was finalised here at a meeting between the Commission`s Deputy Chairman, Montek Singh Ahluwalia, and Manipur Chief Minister Okram Ibobi Singh.
Expressing satisfaction over the performance of the state, Ahluwalia said infrastructure gap in Manipur needs to be bridged on priority.
He further said the state should encourage private participation in infrastructure development.
The Commission said a recent analysis reveals differing levels of growth rate of different sectors of the economy during the period 2000-09.
Of the sectors under consideration, electricity, gas and water supply, and public administration were found to have grown slowly.
Further, fishery, manufacturing, including transport, storage; and communication had grown faster.
Briefing the Commission on the development strategy of the state, the Chief Minister said the main thrust will be on reducing infrastructural deficit and expanding and strengthening capacity of key social sectors - health, education, women and child welfare, nutrition and food security.
Singh said there is a need for closing the gap between the deprived local population and the rest of the country. It is therefore necessary that there is enough investment for expansion of social infrastructure for covering the disadvantaged section, backward, remote and border areas.
He further said skill development programmes would be expanded to meet growing demand of industry and service sectors.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal