Plan Panel approves Manipur`s outlay for FY13
New Delhi: The Planning Commission on Wednesday approved Rs 3,500 crore Plan outlay for Manipur for the current fiscal, which is about 9 per cent higher than that in 2011-12.
The annual Plan for the year 2012-13 for the state was finalised here at a meeting between the Commission`s Deputy Chairman, Montek Singh Ahluwalia, and Manipur Chief Minister Okram Ibobi Singh.
Expressing satisfaction over the performance of the state, Ahluwalia said infrastructure gap in Manipur needs to be bridged on priority.
He further said the state should encourage private participation in infrastructure development.
The Commission said a recent analysis reveals differing levels of growth rate of different sectors of the economy during the period 2000-09.
Of the sectors under consideration, electricity, gas and water supply, and public administration were found to have grown slowly.
Further, fishery, manufacturing, including transport, storage; and communication had grown faster.
Briefing the Commission on the development strategy of the state, the Chief Minister said the main thrust will be on reducing infrastructural deficit and expanding and strengthening capacity of key social sectors - health, education, women and child welfare, nutrition and food security.
Singh said there is a need for closing the gap between the deprived local population and the rest of the country. It is therefore necessary that there is enough investment for expansion of social infrastructure for covering the disadvantaged section, backward, remote and border areas.
He further said skill development programmes would be expanded to meet growing demand of industry and service sectors.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Heart-wrenching reality of Kashmiri pandits
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- DNA: Aamir Khan clarifies his love towards nation but sticks to previous statement
- Panel discussion on Aamir Khan's ignorance on Kashmiri Pandits
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Delhi gang-rape: Show juvenile rapist's face to the world, demand Nirbhaya's parents
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case