Rebellion in Meghalaya Congress, Lapang admits pressure
Shillong: Amid a fresh rebellion within
the Congress, Meghalaya Chief Minister D D Lapang on Saturday
admitted there was "pressure" by disgruntled MLAs seeking
accommodation in the Cabinet.
"Naturally there is pressure...everybody wants to be a
minister. But we have to think about our friends (Independent
MLAs) who supported us during the formation of the
government," Lapang said.
Asked if he would make changes in his ministry, Lapang
said, "Let`s see how big these voices are. Since they have
gone to Delhi, I may be guided by the high command`s view. As
of now there is nothing on my table."
At least nine disgruntled Congress MLAs are camping in
New Delhi to urge the AICC to drop the three independent MLAs
and the lone MLA from Khyun Hynniewtrep National Awakening
Movement (KHNAM) from the ministry, party sources said.
They also met AICC secretary and Meghalaya in-charge
Luizinho Falerio in the national capital last night, the
The rebel MLAs include Saidullah Nongrum, Saleng
Sangma, Samuel Sangma, S Dhar, Comingone Ymbon, P Syiem, F P
Sangma, F Momin and Lahkmen Rymbui - most of whom have been
accommodated as parliamentary secretaries or chairmen of
boards and corporations, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof