Rebellion in Meghalaya Congress, Lapang admits pressure
Shillong: Amid a fresh rebellion within
the Congress, Meghalaya Chief Minister D D Lapang on Saturday
admitted there was "pressure" by disgruntled MLAs seeking
accommodation in the Cabinet.
"Naturally there is pressure...everybody wants to be a
minister. But we have to think about our friends (Independent
MLAs) who supported us during the formation of the
government," Lapang said.
Asked if he would make changes in his ministry, Lapang
said, "Let`s see how big these voices are. Since they have
gone to Delhi, I may be guided by the high command`s view. As
of now there is nothing on my table."
At least nine disgruntled Congress MLAs are camping in
New Delhi to urge the AICC to drop the three independent MLAs
and the lone MLA from Khyun Hynniewtrep National Awakening
Movement (KHNAM) from the ministry, party sources said.
They also met AICC secretary and Meghalaya in-charge
Luizinho Falerio in the national capital last night, the
The rebel MLAs include Saidullah Nongrum, Saleng
Sangma, Samuel Sangma, S Dhar, Comingone Ymbon, P Syiem, F P
Sangma, F Momin and Lahkmen Rymbui - most of whom have been
accommodated as parliamentary secretaries or chairmen of
boards and corporations, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi participates in SCO annual meet in Tashkent
- Pink auto introduced in Ghaziabad specifically for women
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy?
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy? Part II
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy? Part III
- Govt mulls converting unused airports into SEZs
- India's NSG membership to be discussed at special session in Seoul tonight
- Check manabadi.com for BIE Telangana/TS Board Intermediate 1st Year / 2nd Year Examination Results 2016, Telangana BIE Class 12 Supplementary Results 2016
- 34 PhD holders and 12,000 engineers apply for 4th grade job in MP
- Airlines are not 'demons': Civil Aviation Minister