School VP jailed for alleged rape
Agartala: The vice-principal of a school in
West Tripura district was on Thursday remanded in judicial custody
for two weeks by a court on the charge of raping a teacher.
The Sub-Divisional Judicial Magistrate of Khowai, V P
Debbarma remaned Rupendra Singh, vice-principal of the Jawhar
Navodaya Vidyalaya in judicial custody following his arrest
Singh was arrested after the teacher had lofged an FIR
alleging that she had been raped in his official residence on
March 7 and threatened with dire consequences if the incident
was made public.
The victim was suffering from depression following the
rape and recently consulted Women`s Commission of Tripura and
filed the FIR on its advice, sources in the Commission said.
A delegation of the Commission today left for Khowai,
about 50 km from here, to investigate the case.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- Former Pakistani spinner Arshad Khan now a taxi driver in Sydney!
- SC intervenes into Khap panchayat's rape order of two UP sisters, seeks report from Akhilesh govt
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan
- Sheena Bora murder case: Peter Mukerjea's statement recorded, police search his Worli residence