School VP jailed for alleged rape
Agartala: The vice-principal of a school in
West Tripura district was on Thursday remanded in judicial custody
for two weeks by a court on the charge of raping a teacher.
The Sub-Divisional Judicial Magistrate of Khowai, V P
Debbarma remaned Rupendra Singh, vice-principal of the Jawhar
Navodaya Vidyalaya in judicial custody following his arrest
Singh was arrested after the teacher had lofged an FIR
alleging that she had been raped in his official residence on
March 7 and threatened with dire consequences if the incident
was made public.
The victim was suffering from depression following the
rape and recently consulted Women`s Commission of Tripura and
filed the FIR on its advice, sources in the Commission said.
A delegation of the Commission today left for Khowai,
about 50 km from here, to investigate the case.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video