Scrap dealer dies as defunct bomb goes off in Tawang
Itanagar: A man was killed while trying to extract lead from a discarded bomb, earlier used by the forces, at Mandaling village, near Tawang district in Arunachal.
Dorjee Tsering, a scrap dealer was trying to extract lead from the discarded object, probably believing it a defunct bomb, with a hammer when the object went off, Tawang police station officer in charge S Monpa informed over telephone today.
The object, suspected to be a misfired bomb from the firing range of Indian Army, was spotted from a nearby jungle where the scrap dealers often go to collect discarded ammunition of the forces, the officer said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!
- Sheena Bora murder case: Peter Mukerjea's statement recorded, police search his Worli residence
- Modi effect! Pakistan-occupied Kashmir wants to be part of India
- Rafiabad encounter ends with one terrorist dead; an Army jawan also martyred