SDF rubbishes Bhandari`s allegations against Chamling
Gangtok: The ruling Sikkim Democratic Front (SDF) on Wednesday described the corruption allegations filed by Sikkim Pradesh Congress Committee (SPCC) president Nar Bahadur Bhandari against Chief Minister Pawan Kumar Chamling as "baseless."
"Bhandari has always treated Chamling and SDF party as an arch-rival, all his claims and FIR filed against the later are baseless," SDF Spokesperson Bhim Dahal told a press conference here.
"For last 17 years, Bhandari has filed dozens of cases against our party ministers and all of them are politically
motivated," he said. Bhandari, also a former chief minister of the state had filed a FIR on corruption against Chamling and 12 other leaders of the SDF on May 24 and July one.
Speaking on the occasion SDF MP PD Rai also described Bhandari`s allegations against Chamling and others as "baseless."
The CBI has recently written to the Sikkim chief secretary T T Dorjee asking permission to probe the corruption case against Chamling and other leaders filed by Bhandari on on May 24, 2010 and also on July 1, 2010.
CBI had asked for permission because the Sikkim government by gazette notification issued on July 21 has passed an order which states that the CBI cannot investigate any case in Sikkim without the consent of the state government.
Bhandari is at present in New Delhi asking the CBI to expedite the investigation of corruption cases against
Chamling and other SDF leaders.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India mourns Lance Naik Hanumanthappa Koppad's death: Who said what
- ISI trains JeM, LeT terrorists: Former Pak president Pervez Musharraf
- 'Afzal Guru amar rahe', 'Kashmir lekar rahenge' slogans raised at Press Club of India
- Virat Kohli: Amid break-up rumors, cricketer spends time with most beautiful woman
- Kumar Vishwas' birthday bash: Ajit Doval, BJP and RSS leaders attend; Arvind Kejriwal missing