Security beefed up in Tripura on eve of NLFT raising day
Agartala: Security has been beefed up in Tripura and an alert has been sounded along the 856 km long Indo-Bangla international border in the state in view of the raising day of the outlawed National Liberation Front of Tripura (NLFT) on Friday, police said today.
"Every year, the NLFT observes March 12 as its raising day and tries to launch subversive activities, so security has been beefed up throughout the state and Border Security Force was alerted to keep strong vigil along the border", D.I.G,
Police Control, Nepal Das told a news agency.
He said security cover was enhanced at vital installations like Civil Secretariat, Rajbhavan and Tripura assembly and regular checking on the vehicles entering into the towns from outside was being carried out.
Patrolling of security forces in the remote and insurgency prone areas was stepped up and police deployed near the international border were also alerted so that the insurgents
from their base camps in neighbouring Bangladesh could not sneak into the state.
Chief Minister Manik Sarkar recently stated that despite improvement of India`s relation with Bangladesh, the camps of two major insurgent outfits, NLFT and banned All Tripura Tiger Force (ATTF), continued to remain in the neighbouring country.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- ISIS threat: Home Ministry holds meeting with 12 state DGPs
- Delhi: Doctor found dead in RML hospital's parking lot
- SP leader seeks RS seat for Yakub's wife, sacked
- Playing politics on terror: Is this how the govt will combat terrorism?
- Exclusive chat with Bajrangi Bhaijaan's Munni aka Harshaali Malhotra
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Home Ministry holds high-level meet over ISIS
- Indian Army finds cow bombs near border, Maoists hand suspected?
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement