Security beefed up in Tripura
Agartala: Security has been beefed up and alert sounded in Tripura following the call of two outlawed insurgent outfits of the state to observe Independence Day as ‘Black Day’, police said.
Seven insurgent outfits of the north-east, including outlawed All Tripura Tiger Force (ATTF) and National Liberation Front of Tripura, have given a call for observing Independence Day as ‘Black Day’.
All police stations in Tripura were put on maximum alert and BSF was alerted so that no insurgent could cross the 856 km-long Indo-Bangla international border in Tripura from their hideout in Bangladesh.
Patrolling by CRPF and Tripura State Rifles (TSR) was intensified in remote tribal and insurgency-prone areas and security was heightened in vital installations like the civil secretariat and Rajbhavan.
Police said all vehicles were being checked by police and bomb and dog squads were deployed in different parts of the state.
Sources in NF Railway said all Tripura-bound night services were either cancelled or rescheduled in view of the threats by the ultras.
Police said, the Agartala airport was also put under high alert in view of the insurgents call and security was tightened.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee?
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee? - Part II
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee? - Part III
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee? - Part IV
- Are central govt employees justified in demanding salary hike?
- India, Congo's friendly relation to strengthen further: President
- Delhi: Dance instructor commits suicide after strangling suspected lover
- It was a joke: Irrfan on 'Kabali' poster comment
- Salman Khan's brand new 'Sultan' poster is brutal and adrenaline-pumping! – View pic
- Sensex rallies 216 points on 7th Pay Commission approval, GST hopes