Security tightened in Manipur for R-Day
Imphal: Security measures have been tightened in Manipur in view of a call issued by militant outfits to boycott Republic Day celebrations.
Security forces have been deployed at all vantage points and police have undertaken intensive frisking of passers-by to detect movement of militants who have reportedly infiltrated the state capital complex to disrupt the event.
This came to light following the arrest of six armed insurgents of United National Liberation Front from Lamlai area in Imphal east district yesterday, officials said.
They said the militants had planted two powerful bombs at a roadside near Churachandpur district headquarters yesterday, but they were later defused.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy? Part II
- Zeta eases retail payment further with NFC-enabled super tag
- UP polls: Congress main agenda is fighting corruption, not political parties: Raj Babbar
- Himachal Pradesh CM's wife to be further quizzed in PMLA case: ED to Delhi HC
- BSNL launches unlimited 3G plan for Rs 1,099, cuts rate by 50%
- No political appointments in pollution control boards: NGT