Security tightened in Manipur for R-Day
Imphal: Security measures have been tightened in Manipur in view of a call issued by militant outfits to boycott Republic Day celebrations.
Security forces have been deployed at all vantage points and police have undertaken intensive frisking of passers-by to detect movement of militants who have reportedly infiltrated the state capital complex to disrupt the event.
This came to light following the arrest of six armed insurgents of United National Liberation Front from Lamlai area in Imphal east district yesterday, officials said.
They said the militants had planted two powerful bombs at a roadside near Churachandpur district headquarters yesterday, but they were later defused.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- On 17th 'Kargil Vijay Diwas', nation pays tribute to brave Indian soldiers
- Are Saturn's rings bending? NASA releases strange image from Cassini (Pic inside)
- Curfew, restrictions continue in Kashmir
- Rio Olympics 2016: Amid Zika fears, Eugenie Bouchard confirms she'll play in coveted event
- Gionee M6, M6 Plus smartphones with marathon battery launching today