Seven NDFB militants surrender
Guwahati: Altogether seven NDFB militants belonging to the Ranjan Daimary anti-talk faction on Monday surrendered before CRPF authorities in Assam`s Golaghat
district, official sources said here.
The militants surrendered at the 142 CRPF camp here with arms and ammunitions at a simple ceremony.
The surrendered militants have been identified as Vishal Brahma, Dronacharya Brahma, Someshwar Basumatary, Ajoy Basumatary, Dhiren Basumatary, Dhaneswar Basumatary and Arun Daimary.
The militants deposited six pistols, four grenades, six magazines and 14 rounds of live ammunition before the authorities, sources added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- CM Yogi’s cleanliness drive: UP cops clean up police stations
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister