Sikkim assembly passes supplementary demand for grants
Gangtok: The Sikkim assembly passed a
supplementary demand for grant of Rs 455.07 crore in the
fiscal year 2009-10 on the second and final day of the two-day
second part of the winter session on Saturday.
It took a brief one-minute for the 32-member strong
Sikkim Democratic Front (SDF) legislature party to approve the
supplementary demand for grants unanimously and without
Chief Minister Pawan Kumar Chamling, in his capacity as
Finance Minister, had tabled the supplementary demand for
grants of Rs 455.07 crore, comprising Rs 304.46 crore on
revenue account and Rs 150.61 crore on capital account for
2009-10 for approval of the house.
Tabling the demand, Chamling said excess expenditure has
been incurred due to revision of pay and other priority items
of the state government.
The house also passed bills to hike the salaries and
allowances of the chief minister, ministers, speaker and other
members of the house and pension for the ex-MLAs.
Another major legislation to amend the provisions of the
Code of Criminal Procedure (CrPC) for increasing the duration
of judicial remand of undertrial prisoners for 30 days at a
time was also passed by the assembly.
In all, it book barely 25 minutes for the lawmakers to
dispose of legislative business without any discussion.
Speaker KTN Gyaltsen adjourned the house sine die.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof