Sikkim`s NH31-A lifeline closed for repairs
Siliguri: With a landslide badly disrupting traffic, National Highway 31-A connecting Gangtok with Siliguri in West Bengal and considered Sikkim`s "lifeline" will be closed for a day from Wednesday for repairs.
With a major chunk of the highway caving in near Kalimpong in Darjeeling district and threatening to cut off Sikkim from the rest of the country, the administration has roped in the services of General Reserve Engineer Force (GREF).
According to the district administration, the highway will be closed for 24 hours from 6 am on Wednesday to enable the GREF to construct a Bailey bridge on the landslide-affected area for the traffic to resume.
Both the Sikkim and Darjeeling administration have warned tourists and drivers against using the highway to avert any tragedy.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Bikaner: 13-year-old schoolgirl raped by eight teachers
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Know how to link your PAN card with Aadhaar card – Here is the step by step explanation
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Kapil Sharma-Sunil Grover fight: Will it be a shutdown for 'The Kapil Sharma Show'?