Six injured in Manipur blast in Thoubal district
Imphal: Six women workers were on Monday injured when a powerful bomb exploded at the Thoubal Kiyam Siphai area in the Thoubal district of Manipur, police said.
They said the bomb was allegedly planted by militants at a stone crushing factory, which exploded at around 5 AM this morning when the workers came to work.
The injured were rushed to Thoubal district hospital where the condition of two was stated to be serious.
It was not known who planted the bomb, but militants who demanded money from the owner of the crusher unit seemed to be behind the crime, sources said.
The police said the area was cordoned off after the blast and search operations were launched, but no arrest was made. No individual or group has claimed responsibility so far for the crime, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Terrorists gun down policeman in Kashmir's Pulwama district
- BJP to hold meet with CMs' of party-ruled states, PM Modi to address concluding session
- JD(U) backs Mamata Banerjee, says resistance against Centre is growing
- Three low-intensity earthquakes hit Himachal Pradesh, no casualties
- SL vs AUS: How Graeme Smith and Dale Steyn ridiculed Steve Smith for heading home