Six injured in Manipur blast in Thoubal district
Imphal: Six women workers were on Monday injured when a powerful bomb exploded at the Thoubal Kiyam Siphai area in the Thoubal district of Manipur, police said.
They said the bomb was allegedly planted by militants at a stone crushing factory, which exploded at around 5 AM this morning when the workers came to work.
The injured were rushed to Thoubal district hospital where the condition of two was stated to be serious.
It was not known who planted the bomb, but militants who demanded money from the owner of the crusher unit seemed to be behind the crime, sources said.
The police said the area was cordoned off after the blast and search operations were launched, but no arrest was made. No individual or group has claimed responsibility so far for the crime, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Munich attack: 18-year-old German-Iranian gunman kills 9 at shopping mall
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley?
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part II
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part III
- DNA: Analyzing the real problems of patriotic Kashmir's residents
- Rajnath Singh to arrive in trouble-torn Kashmir on Saturday
- WOAH! Cristiano Ronaldo opens own 'CR7' hotel, gives name to airport
- Usain Bolt eases to victory, Kendra Harrison hurdles to glory
- Oil dives 2%, heads for weekly loss as US rigs rise
- German-Iranian gunman kills 9 at Munich shopping mall; police say he acted alone