Six injured in Manipur blast in Thoubal district
Imphal: Six women workers were on Monday injured when a powerful bomb exploded at the Thoubal Kiyam Siphai area in the Thoubal district of Manipur, police said.
They said the bomb was allegedly planted by militants at a stone crushing factory, which exploded at around 5 AM this morning when the workers came to work.
The injured were rushed to Thoubal district hospital where the condition of two was stated to be serious.
It was not known who planted the bomb, but militants who demanded money from the owner of the crusher unit seemed to be behind the crime, sources said.
The police said the area was cordoned off after the blast and search operations were launched, but no arrest was made. No individual or group has claimed responsibility so far for the crime, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- BSF cancels beating the retreat ceremony at Wagah post surgical strikes
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says