SUMA demands roll back of NEEPCO getting Kurung dam job
Itanagar: The Student Union Movement of Arunachal (SUMA) today demanded that the state government roll back its decision to assign the work of developing the proposed 330 mw Kurung dam to the North East Electrical Power Corporation (NEEPCO).
The SUMA in a statement claimed that the affected people of both upstream and downstream of the proposed project were not taken into confidence prior to making the decision.
It said the people of the area welcome the proposed dam but are opposed to the agreement between the state government and the NEEPCO, which it said "was signed within closed doors".
If the state government failed to address the grievance of the people in the matter, they would be compelled to move court against the NEEPCO and the state government, the statement said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why does media give unnecessary importance to terrorists?
- Why does media give unnecessary importance to terrorists? - Part II
- Why does media give unnecessary importance to terrorists? - Part III
- Why does media give unnecessary importance to terrorists? - Part IV
- Why are schools insensitive over complexities of poor families?
- Watch Video: BlackBerry DTEK50, the world's most secured Android smartphone
- Unbelievable: Thousands throng daily at Taiwan McDonald's store to see a girl – Know why
- Kusal Mendis inspires Sri Lanka to a 196-run lead over Australia on a topsy-turvy 3rd day
- Former BJP MP Navjot Singh Sidhu to join AAP on August 15?
- Bank employees to go on strike on Friday, services to be hit