SUMA demands roll back of NEEPCO getting Kurung dam job
Itanagar: The Student Union Movement of Arunachal (SUMA) today demanded that the state government roll back its decision to assign the work of developing the proposed 330 mw Kurung dam to the North East Electrical Power Corporation (NEEPCO).
The SUMA in a statement claimed that the affected people of both upstream and downstream of the proposed project were not taken into confidence prior to making the decision.
It said the people of the area welcome the proposed dam but are opposed to the agreement between the state government and the NEEPCO, which it said "was signed within closed doors".
If the state government failed to address the grievance of the people in the matter, they would be compelled to move court against the NEEPCO and the state government, the statement said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ceasefire violations by Pak: Should India carry out surgical strike part-II?
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, asked to leave India
- Panel discussion on the need of Pakistan's ambassador in India
- Beware! Fake currency notes floating in market this Diwali
- Intelligence agencies warn of firing by Pakistan along LoC, international border
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- Diwali 2016: Dhanteras Puja timings, Tithi and Vidhi
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- UPA govt thought of attacking Lashkar HQ, training camps after 26/11 strike, claims ex-NSA Shivshankar Menon