SUMA demands roll back of NEEPCO getting Kurung dam job
Itanagar: The Student Union Movement of Arunachal (SUMA) today demanded that the state government roll back its decision to assign the work of developing the proposed 330 mw Kurung dam to the North East Electrical Power Corporation (NEEPCO).
The SUMA in a statement claimed that the affected people of both upstream and downstream of the proposed project were not taken into confidence prior to making the decision.
It said the people of the area welcome the proposed dam but are opposed to the agreement between the state government and the NEEPCO, which it said "was signed within closed doors".
If the state government failed to address the grievance of the people in the matter, they would be compelled to move court against the NEEPCO and the state government, the statement said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- Two J&K MLAs clash over beef party issue in Legislative Assembly
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands