Teacher shot dead by militants in Meghalaya
Shillong: A school teacher was shot dead by a group of militants on the suspicion that he was a police informer in Meghalaya`s East Garo Hills district, police sources said.
Around five heavily armed cadres of the banned Garo Hills-based Garo National Liberation Army militants barged into the residence of DG Momin, an assistant school teacher at the MP High School at Resubelpara at around 10:30 PM last night, the sources said.
Primary investigation revealed that the militants accused the teacher of being a police informer before shooting him dead before his family members, the sources said.
Last week, one person was arrested from the same area for providing shelter to outlawed militants.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Raped woman' remark: IOA contemplating to drop Salman Khan as goodwill ambassador for Rio Games?
- Woman files FIR against Delhi MLA Dinesh Mohaniya for misbehaviour; AAP leader rejects charge
- Jacqueline Fernandez is a mini mouse in disguise; see who gave her company!
- Army jawans rescue girl climber trapped in a Uttarkashi glacier - Watch daring video
- What Brexit could mean for India and its markets