Teacher shot dead by militants in Meghalaya
Shillong: A school teacher was shot dead by a group of militants on the suspicion that he was a police informer in Meghalaya`s East Garo Hills district, police sources said.
Around five heavily armed cadres of the banned Garo Hills-based Garo National Liberation Army militants barged into the residence of DG Momin, an assistant school teacher at the MP High School at Resubelpara at around 10:30 PM last night, the sources said.
Primary investigation revealed that the militants accused the teacher of being a police informer before shooting him dead before his family members, the sources said.
Last week, one person was arrested from the same area for providing shelter to outlawed militants.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Discussion over if Pak is in fear of war after India's stringent initiative on Uri terror attack?
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray