Teacher shot dead by militants in Meghalaya
Shillong: A school teacher was shot dead by a group of militants on the suspicion that he was a police informer in Meghalaya`s East Garo Hills district, police sources said.
Around five heavily armed cadres of the banned Garo Hills-based Garo National Liberation Army militants barged into the residence of DG Momin, an assistant school teacher at the MP High School at Resubelpara at around 10:30 PM last night, the sources said.
Primary investigation revealed that the militants accused the teacher of being a police informer before shooting him dead before his family members, the sources said.
Last week, one person was arrested from the same area for providing shelter to outlawed militants.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- RJD strongman Shahabuddin brought to Delhi
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating on 'record' Puma deal
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal